Adult only trip

Heading to orlando March 2 to 9 to watch Arnold Palmer invitational but bought preferred annual passes in December so def need to throw some universal in there. It’s an adult only trip versus us always taking our son. ( I won’t tell him we went to universal lol). I know it’s Mardi Gras but wondering if any suggestions for some adult only things to do at universal or in Orlando in general during the time we are there. Thanks.

In terms of non-park things to do, head over Winter Park - nice shops and restaurants, plus a good museum featuring Tiffany glasswork and a boat tour.

1 Like

Wife and I just got back from Universal FL. I am not sure how brave you are when it comes to rides as I am not a roller coaster fan myself. So here’s a few tips. First get a Butter Beer. I prefer frozen. Second head for Voodo Donut. Unbelievably good. Now in the parks. Most rides are screen animation type with seats that shake the shit out of you. Minions was great. Jimmy Fallions ride was really good, and of coarse the Transformers 3D. The Hogwarts rides will make your stomach turn and Men in Black is fun but they got to spin the crap out of you at the end. Places to eat sit down are far and few between. Jimmy’s Buffet’s place is good and Hard Rock isn’t bad. Mithose is fair. All others are a toss up. Not like Disney by any means but they are somewhat cheaper. Hope this helps. BTW get a good pair of walking shoes. Almost forgot. Both the Harry Potter restaurants are good and a change of pace. Butter Beer, Butter Beer, Butter Beer. (really sweet).

3 Likes

Butter Beer - meh. Try the proper beers at the Leaky Cauldron that the Florida Brewing Company makes specifically for UOR - Dragon Scale (red lager) and Wizard’s Brew (milk stout).

2 Likes

Your probably right but as I don’t drink anymore I just stuck to good old non-alcoholic Butter Beer.

3 Likes

Did you get to try the warm butterbeer? I have always loved the frozen, and tried the warm for the first time last month. It was so good! I never even had the frozen during our 3 days, just had the warm over and over.

2 Likes

As it is so hot when we go, warm doesn’t even sound good :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: