Adult-only character dinner

When we are at WDW in February I’d love to do some character dinners, but I am afraid it will be kind of strange as we are only two adults and no kids.

I know, some of you aren’t into characters at all, but it is the first time for me and I want it to be something very special. And meeting Mickey at breakfast, hug him and taking a picture seems more than special to me (hey, I’ve got a Mickey tattoo).

Will the characters even show up on tables when there are only adults? I hope I am jsut thinking to much about this. Why should I worry it will be strange? I mean, it is Disney. So, it is all about dreams coming true, isn’t it?

1 Like

Yes characters will stop at your table, no it isn’t strange. I did character meets solo, and the character meals I booked were for me. My son was 11 and really didn’t want to meet Cinderella, or any of the other characters!

Everyone is a kid at Disney!

5 Likes

I have been to CP, Cape May and TH all with wonderful character interactions.

2 Likes

Generally speaking I avoid CMs like the plague; the CMs themselves don’t really mean that much to me, and I hate to pay “signature” prices for so-so food. One exception: I really like the food at TH, so I will go there. The character interaction is “fun” - and they definitely come to tables with adults only - but generally speaking, I’m not willing to pay a premium price for the experience.

1 Like

We were three adults two years ago. We went to dinner at Park Fare ( Cinderella) and Crystal Palace( Pooh) and had a great time interacting with the characters and people watching. Don’t worry about being “strange” You’ll miss out on a lot of Fun that way.

1 Like

I have been to Chef Mickeys, Park Faire, and Crystal Palace with DH, and they are some of our fondest memories. I will be doing some of these again in October with my adult DS. Go and create some wonderful memories.

1 Like

I plan on doing Minnie’s Seasonal Dine at Hollywood & Vine. More grown up, won’t be so princess-sy. Bonus: Fantasmic package.

1 Like

My DW and I have done several character meals by ourselves - Cinderella’s Royal Table, Askershus, and Crystal Palace. At DLR we did Storyteller’s Cafe, Ariel’s Grotto, and PCH Grill. And we do all the pictures too. We’ve got ADRs for CRT and for Tusker House on our upcoming trip as well. We love it.

I never felt strange as far as thinking that this is just for kids. The CMs definitely don’t make you feel that way. I’m very introverted, so meeting anyone new, let alone “celebrities,” is a bit out of my comfort zone. But, as far as a strangeness factor is concerned, I would say that I didn’t feel any difference between meeting Mickey Mouse and having my picture taken with him than doing the same with William Shatner at Comic Con.

2 Likes

Thank you all for your answers.

Just booked Chef Mickey, Garden Grill and Hollywood and Vine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You will have a wonderful time at all three of them!

2 Likes

ok, now I REALLY REALLY want to see Mickey in a Star Trek outfit!!!

1 Like

Lol! Me too!