Adult Dream Trip: Disney World/Universal Studios Trip Report

And with this attitude comes a fantastic life. I love it!

5 Likes

Did I ever think I’d be a person who dreamed about Blue Cheese Dust? No…but I think about that cauliflower all the time. And the picture made my mouth water.

Stay safe down there, I look forward to hearing the rest of your report…but even if it doesn’t go according to plan, you’ve had an amazing few days already.

3 Likes

That’s the best report for Space 220 I’ve seen so far.
I’m glad you enjoyed it so much. Your food looked great.
I’m glad to hear a positive review because I think it looks great and I look forward to trying it one day.

Hope you’re staying safe in the storm. Good luck!!

4 Likes

I really liked my meal there, but I went the week it opened and it sure seemed like reviews went downhill pretty quickly. Agree it’s nice to see another good one.

3 Likes

Day 7: Freeform begins, Hollywood Studios

The plan: A more freeform structure starts now and for most of the rest of the trip. We’ve hit the parks, and can now visit the ones we liked. PP for Hollywood Studios, but probably go to the waterpark in the morning, maybe HS in the aft. Dinner at 6:55 at Citricos.

:cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone:

We ate at the Club, grabbed some Cap’n Cooks for lunch, and a light club dinner. In the afternoon we played 7 Wonders Duel, and I was humiliated in one game and savaged in another. :sob: Toy Story 3 and Saving Mr Banks made up the bulk of our other entertainment.

Tomorrow, more of the same. :grinning:

12 Likes

Hopefully the club food is yummy! Will you try and reschedule Citricos? It is delicious.

1 Like

The club food is meh, but plentiful and hearty. We’re not rescheduling because we have Be Our Guest+MNSSHP tomorrow and then Victoria and Alberts on Saturday.

We’ve had a lot of really good food this trip, so I’m not too upset we’re missing a bit. :grinning: Our 10-day tickets have been extended until Sept 2023, so maybe a quick tri next year would be in order. :thinking:

8 Likes

Ok fancy! :rofl: V&A is Citricos on steroids so that is awesome! Also excellent they extended your tickets. I feel like you need “I survived Hurricane Ian and all I got was another trip to WDW” tshirt.

5 Likes

Day 8: Keys to the Kingdom Tour

The plan: Club breakfast, then head to the Magic Kingdom for our 8am tour which includes lunch. Afterward, do more around MK, then take the boat to Fort Wilderness for Hoop-de-doo at 6:15pm.

:cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone:

This was actually the thing I was most sad about, missing the Keys to the Kingdom tour. Today ended up basically the same as yesterday, watching some movies and tv, nibbling at the club food and going for a walk when the. Winds and rain calmed down in the early afternoon.

As I’ve said before, it’s actually been pretty great to have some forced relaxation. It was a good chance to do some real mind-off lazy vegging. We’ve had some time to think about what we want our last few days to look like, and I just can’t wait. :grinning:

15 Likes

That’s a nice way to look at it! I’m glad you have a few more days to enjoy.

4 Likes

Day 9: Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party

The plan: Today is mostly a rest day. We’ve got a PP for EPCOT, and a 3:55pm “dinner” at Be Our Guest, followed by the Halloween Party. As earlybirds, it’ll be hard to stay up late, but it’s a sacrifice we’re willing to make. The plan is to have a lazy morning, hit EPCOT for some booth food or maybe a really early lunch res, then hop back to MK for dinner and the party.

Now we’re back on track! We did, indeed, have a lazy morning, and wandered to Epcot around 9. We had BG1 for Cosmic Rewind again, and as the park didn’t officially open until 11 we weren’t sure when we’d be able to go in. Turns out they started calling boarding groups right when EE started at 9, so we walked right on. Still amazing!

I also grabbed a LL for Soarin’ for noon, so we decided to hit the World Showcase to see the countries we’d missed on our last visit, and make sure we got more cheese into our faces. At the Greece both, we got the griddled cheese and the lamb gyros. The cheese was really good, exactly what we wanted from it, some sweet, some savoury, very delicious. The gyros looked kinda meh, but were very good as well! This was a great start to the day.

We sat just outside Japan while we ate, then wandered through the store there. Our next goal: MOAR CHEESE, so we strolled along until we got to Germany and the Alps booth, getting the Raclette with Pear. This was another hit, exactly what we wanted from it. The cheese went so well with the sweetness of the pear and figs, and we were both smiling at the end of it. Unfortunately for you lot, we finished it and then looked ant each other and said “we forgot to take a photo.”

It was very photogenic. You’d all have oohed and ahhed.

We did take a pic of our next sto: China, where we got the full Monty: the Beef Bao, Chicken Dumpling and the Dan Dan Noodles. All were very good, though the dumpling really needed the sauce or it was just fine. The dan dan noodles were really good, but spicier than you might expect. I do love me some noods, though.

Finally, we wandered to Soarin’ for one final flight before leaving the park for a little na-na before the Halloween event.

What I learned about after-hours parties: cool, but really not our thing. It was fun to get candy and see things all pretty, but ultimately we didn’t have the patience for the parade to finish and we’re in bed before the fireworks because we were just so beat.

Pirates of the Caribbean was closed, which was a shame because I was looking forward to seeing it with real actors in it. I did ride Space Mountain in the dark, which was super cool!

And that was the day, mostly amazing.

17 Likes

This is basically the best reaction to SWGE ever!

5 Likes

That cheese is sooo good! Did you also try the little cheese bread from Brazil? Also very yum!

Since you’ve been on cosmic rewind a ton, I assume you 2 don’t feel sick from it? I’m nervous to test it out but we also haven’t been impacted (yet) by other rides one of you needed a break from (ToT, FoP).

1 Like

No sickness here on GOTG. I would take a ginger pill (or wear sea bands) and give it a go. I forgot both on the day I rode, and I was still fine.

I can’t ride things like ST, and Remy made me a little sick.

1 Like

What an amazing trip and trip report! I’m sorry I wasn’t following along, but I’ve caught up now and look forward to more.

2 Likes

I also tend to get queasy easily, such as on ST and FOP (still ride but have to recover after) and will not do Mission:Soace or Teacups. I have done fine on GOtG without any aids. Maybe I just will myself not to feel sick because I love it so much! I can see how there is definitely potential for motion sickness. I just grit my teeth and shut my eyes through the backward part and then try to look straight ahead whatever direction the ride points me and not turning my head around. I couldn’t do it back to back repeatedly but definitely ride every chance I get!

5 Likes

CR didn’t twig our motion sickness much at all, and we’re both prone to it, L especially. I was worried for both of us, but there isn’t much real spinning, it’s more directional which wasn’t bad for us.

3 Likes

Sorry for the lack of update, I got laaaaaaaazy. I’ve finished the post about the Halloween Party. Updating on my phone is being weird, so it may need to wait until I’m back on October 9th to finish the rest of the updates. I didn’t think about the posts when I decided not to bring my laptop on the trip. :joy::grimacing:

We’ve left the Disney bubble now, and are at Universal. There’s a lot to say about the differences.

12 Likes

Look forward to hearing when you’re able to write! Have all the fun.

2 Likes