ADR tips and/or advice

That will be an interesting answer I think! I know many people report it is easier to get an ADR for an even # of people. So if you split 5 and 6 per party, whomever is faster and more tech savy should have the job of trying for 5 then if nothing go for 6 (or vice versa). Some people have reported not being able to find a resi for 3 people but found one for 4 people (same table obviously, it’s just how Disney system like it sometimes).

So if I book 2 reservations for a total of 12 people but only show up with 11, it won’t cause an issue?

1 Like

I haven’t seen anyone report problems. I know it’s commonly done. I think when you show up with more it can cause an issue. They try to accommodate you but no guarantees.
@dianelynn have you ever had or heard of a problem with having 1 less person than the reservation is for?

1 Like

And, as a continual peeve of mine, the Fantasmic packages, as of today, are only open through March 21… so, not even close to 60 days…

1 Like

No problems…
When you check in, just tell them the actual number…

1 Like

Also, don’t try to “assign” guests to each reservation. Just have 1 person as the primary on the reservation and leave the rest anonymous. You can always add the people later - or not at all, which is usually what I do.

3 Likes

Ok, so here’s my updated plan 2.0.

I’m gonna be on the laptop(Incognito mode), the wife will be on the app. We’ll split each ADR in half(6 and 6) and try our best to book matching times.

Order of Operation:

Cinderella’s RT
Be Our Guest
Homecomin
Beaches and Cream
Sci Fi
Liberty Tree
Edison’s
Rainforest

Don’t assign guest info as that can be done at a later time.

2 Likes

I have not had any issue showing up with less than what we booked the ADR for.

Additionally, @mr_andmrs_cremer on the day of the ressie, if I have more than one table, I’ll stop by the restaurant during the day and notify them that we’re actually one party. By having a heads up they have greater flexibility in arranging the other tables to try and sit my group near each other/together. On our last trip they’ve pushed tables together for us.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip, we will definitely do that.

1 Like

Are you both using the same MDE account?

If not, then you’re all fine. Each of you books with yourself as the lead guest.

If you’re using the same account it gets a little tricky. The system won’t let one person have 2 reservations within an hour of each other.

What you would have to do is book one with Mrs Cremer as the lead and one with Mr Cremer as the lead.

1 Like

I tested it earlier today, I was able to book a reservation on my laptop while logged into my MDE account but change the lead guest to someone else in our traveling party.

1 Like

The trick is that you must book the table in someone else’s name before you book one in your name. Otherwise the system won’t even let you select the same time.

Also if you book it in someone else’s name, you cannot modify without calling in.

This is only an issue if you’re using the same account. If your wife has her own account it’ll be fine.

So it would probably be easier to have my wife use her MDE account.

2 Likes

Definitely!

Then you each just book as the lead guest plus 5 guests. You’ll each then be able to modify the ones you booked if necessary.

Ok, I wasn’t sure about doing it this way because the way the reservations will be split up is me, my wife, and our 3 kids would be on one and the other 6 in our group would be on the other. So I didn’t know if splitting me and my wife up as the lead guests would mess things up.

1 Like

Don’t add anyone else to the ADRs. You don’t have to do that.

Then when you all check in, you sit as you want. And as long as you give the other group the reservation number (just in case) and whose name it’s booked under, they can even check in separately.

I have booked ADRs for other people before in my name, and let them check in whilst I was here in Edinburgh. Obviously I trusted them to not bail on me! :joy:

2 Likes

We had a party of 16. four of us worked on ADRS for 8 each. Only hoop dee doo ended up being for 8,6 and 2. We used the app on our phones and two of us had spouses logins and phones also. We assigned each person the order of dates so we weren’t working against each other. We were texting and booking. Everyone got what they could and then we coordinated and cancelled those we couldn’t use. We did this that day so we tried not to hog reservations. Most of the reservations for 8 were within 15 minutes of each other and the staff were very accommodating and seated us near each other. Some ressies were not available yet so don’t get discouraged. We eventually got everything we wanted.

1 Like

Can someone remind me how payment works when a TA makes the reservations for you? It’s been awhile. Can you use a gift card for dining reservations?

Just offering a word of encouragement: We went in August of last year and had many of your priorities on our list, including CRT on day 2. I ended up getting everything. I prioritized in order of hardest to get + my personal priorities. The only one I didn’t get was Space 220, but was OK with that. Have multiple devices ready. The site wasn’t functioning at start time and I was freaking out, but kept trying and was able to start booking (first via App and then website) after about an hour or so…just be patient and don’t walk away. You have to keep trying.

Not for making the reservations. When you make a ADR a credit card is required. If you have a TA making the ADR for you, they would need your card information.

1 Like