ADR tips and/or advice

I have used a TA in the past but will be making all the ADRs myself this year. Our travel dates are 6/18-6/24 and there will be 11 of us so gonna basically need two tables for each ADR.

60-Liberty Tree-Dinner
+1-Rainforest Cafe/AK-Lunch
+1-Beaches and Cream-Dinner
+2-Sci Fi-Lunch(Fantasmic Package)
+3-Homecomin-Dinner
+4-Edisons-Dinner
+5-Be Our Guest-Lunch
+5-Cinderella’s RT-Dinner

Looking for help on what might be the best strategy for landing all these ADRs?

3 Likes

Crickets…lol

2 Likes

Sorry for the crickets! I was hoping someone else would chime in with great advice. Here’s mine, FWIW:

Sci-FI
CRT
BOG
Beaches and Cream
Homecomin
LTT
Edisons
Rainforest

1 Like

I have heard people mention having several tabs open. Is Desktop better than phone? I reserved via Desktop last time and had success, but I can’t say that way is the best way.

I am wondering if the 11 should be split and you should have someone helping you, if there is that someone available.

Also, if you don’t get what you want during the first go round, you can set up reservation finders (I love mousedining).

2 Likes

With a group of 11 we’ll probably be making 2 ADRs for most of these right?

2 Likes

I believe that would be correct.

@drvillarejos and @dianelynn and @LTinNC82 and @Jeff_AZ : You all give great advice, paging you over here :blush:

4 Likes

The website never opens up the dates for me. I always have to book on the app by searching for each restaurant one at a time.

I suspect the Fantasmic packages will open a day or two late. I was booking for my friend and it wasn’t available till 57 or 58 days before.

2 Likes

I agree with this, but I might move Homecomin up. HS restaurants have been loaded in the system late A LOT recently so SciFi might not show any availability at 60+ days. I’ve never booked for so many people before, but I would definitely plan on making 2 reservations per restaurant.

2 Likes

Mouse dining is a great resource to secure hard to get reservations…you can sign up for 1 month and then cancel

We were able to get every ressie we wanted, cluding the hard ones like Space 220 (the hardest ressie in all WDW right now), Topolinos, Cal Grill, etc

1 Like

The order in which I would try to obtain these reservations are

Cinderella’s
Be Our Guest
Beaches & Cream
Homecoming
Sci Fi
Edisons
Liberty Tree
Rainforest

For each one, try to obtain the largest possible table size first – so shoot for the stars and go for 11 people, if that doesn’t work, try for 12 (because even numbers), if that doesn’t work, reduce your party size by one until something in your time frame opens up. Some restaurants don’t have large tables, so you’ll have to make more than one reservation. Surprisingly, I was able to make a party of 10 at Homecomin’. I’d be surprised if Liberty Tree will be more than one table - that seems like the kind of place that would allow for big groups. Beaches & Cream will almost definitely require multiple tables.

The reservation system is notoriously glitchy. I’ve had the most luck on desktop searching for the specific restaurant and choosing the “check availability” button. Then messing around with the specific time frame vs “dinner”. In the past it was easier to choose “Things to Do” in the top menu bar and “Make Reservation” and then filtering to just the date and time and seeing all the restaurants populate. I’ll use this method and search for a party of 2 if there are no results for my search just to check if the system is down. It went down at least 3 times on my last ADR day a couple of months ago.

To speed up the process, have your credit card number saved in a note/word file so you can just copy/paste (ctrl or command-c/ ctrlor command-v) it into the field rather than typing it in every time. I also don’t pick my specific friends at the time of reservation making. I’ll modify the ressie later to add my people.

Good luck!

1 Like

And another note - I do everything with an incognito browser. The Disney cookies slow things down and don’t always show you what you need to see.

This order of operations is much closer to the plan I had drawn up, mostly because CRT, BoG, and Homecomin are absolute can’t miss for us.

2 Likes

Definately split this up into 2 reservations of 6.I concur with @LTinNC82 that some of the HS reservations aren’t being loaded right away, especially the Fantasmic ones.

My priority list would similar:
CRT
BOG
Beaches
Homecoming
Sci-Fi (I don’t think this will be out by then for Fantasmic, but just check to be safe)
LTT
Edisons
Rainforest

If you had a second person and second device this would be great! Both working and coordinating to get close return times together. Now if you had a second person and a 3rd device this would be optimal. Why do you ask? Because if you don’t see reservations available for 6, you can jump to 3 sets of 4 quickly and see if that yields anything. I think you get return times an hour or so before and after your picked time so I would only try a couple different time frames before moving on the the next. Once you finish the list, you can go back and play around with what you missed. They aren’t loading everything at the 60+ mark anymore so if you don’t see anything don’t fret. Just set up a dining finder and book a back up. I wanted a breakfast at A&C. Nothing at 60 days. That isn’t normal AT ALL. It looks like they didn’t load availability till about 45 days out.
I have not personally done Sci-Fi. Do they seat 6 tops? Or are the cars designed for 4 people? I would have my reservations match the table seating in that case.

2 Likes

@mr_andmrs_cremer I second this. Actually I meant to add it but it’s taken me 3 hours to respond with work and all getting in the way :joy:

Ok, but I’m not super computer literate so I’m gonna need an explanation on “incognito browser”.

1 Like

In google chrome there are 3 dots in the upper left hand corner (desk top view). Click on those. The first few lines should contain, “new incognito window”. You will have to sign in to your Disney account again. This just helps the site move faster in my opinion and others. Have you played around with booking dining times? I would suggest pick a day and a time you typically like to have meals and see what it’s like to book through a few places. Just to familiarize yourself with the process. I always find that if I’ve never done something I’m super nervous. If I can visually go through the motions, it’s easier when it’s actually go time.

I’ve actually just been doing this over the last half hour or so. This isn’t my first time booking ADRs, it’s just usually I’m only booking for like 5 people.

1 Like

Ok, so here’s my updated plan.

I’m gonna be on the laptop(Incognito mode), the wife will be on the app. We’ll split each ADR in half and try our best to book matching times.

Order of Operation:

Cinderella’s RT
Be Our Guest
Homecomin
Beaches and Cream
Sci Fi
Liberty Tree
Edison’s
Rainforest

I have emailed WDW to see if they could tell me which of my selected restaurants would be able to accommodate a party of 11.

2 Likes