ADR Sniper: helpful or hateful?

The DVC app is for looking up available DVC properties, not finding available ADR slots.

I remember going to the Communicore (or whatever it was called) at EP to make same-day reservations. Easy-Peasy.

1 Like

Yes, yes, I did that once also!
Called from a free “pay phone”!!
Do those even exist anymore?

BTW, the DVC app did have an ADR sniper kind of thing, but it doesn’t work anymore.
It used to be here:

Looks like they’re thinking of re-starting one.

I may be mistaken, but I thought that the DVC ADR finder was not associated with the DVC availability app. The ADR finder I remember looking at was part of either a DVC broker page or a DVC information/forum page.

Ah, we’re probably talking about two different DVC_thingys then. I was referring to the link above, which is no longer active. The dining search feature now has a message which says, “Are you interested in receiving text message alerts for openings at your favorite WDW Restaraunt? Let me know CLICK HERE”

Ok, my experiences with Sniper. I’m at 77 days, signed up for the sniper on Day 179, after failing to get the BOG dinner date I needed. I will tell you that I was VERY disappointed for the first 90 days. Very few hits, never for the day I needed and always at weird times (2 a.m.) when I was unable/unwilling to leap out of bed.

That all changed two weeks ago. My phone started blowing up with at least 10 texts a day about two weeks ago. Yes, some were still at 2 a.m. but it took no time at all for me to get the date/time I was hoping for.

So, in summary, be patient and Sniper will work.

2 Likes