ADR prep tips and feedback

Alright y’all, I’m out of my depth with 9 people. First, two of those are 2yo, but I should include them and make ADRs for 9. Correct? Are ADRs for 9 a thing?

Here’s the family wishlist - some of it feels very pipe dream-y, but I’ll do what I can do.

60+1 Early dinner @ Plaza
60+2 Rose & Crown FW package
60+3 50s Prime Time early dinner, Oga’s
60+4 Topolino’s or Chef Mickey breakfast

For an added twist, we’re dealing with MLK weekend and opening of Fest of Arts.

I’ve heard tips about splitting, calling, dividing and conquering on multiple accounts. Tell me the things - share all the wisdom!

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure you can’t make ADR’s for more than five people. I think it’s Covid related. Mentally prepare yourself for not getting any of these on your 60th. Not that they won’t come later, but some of us have had trouble. I wasn’t mentally prepared for the hassle, which is why I am sharing.

3 Likes

I’m most certain you’ll have to call and may have to book 2 reservations for a party that size.

1 Like

Call first thing in the morning to lessen your hold time

Hold times are awful right now

1 Like

I was able to make some reservations for 8 (actual party is 7). We had success just today through reservation finder to get two reservations for 4 people 5 minutes apart. We had more luck with even #'s. We also have two reservations for 6 after one person goes home so you can definitely make them for more than 5 people.

3 Likes

Yes, include the 2yr olds in your count. ADRs for 9 is a thing, but it may be difficult to get depending on the restaurant. Buffets are usually easier because they have lots of long tables.

You may need to split your party into 6 and 4, and make them as close together in time as possible, preferably within 10 minutes. Open two browsers on your computer/device and use two different MDE accounts so you can make them concurrently. Have another computer savvy adult help if possible. If you’re at the park earlier in the day, stop in the restaurant and tell the front desk that you are one party and that one member isn’t coming. That will give them some lead time to manage the other tables to try and keep you as close together as possible. Alternatively, after getting the ADR’s you can call the dining line and ask them to link the reservations for you as well.

I would attempt to book them in this order:
Topolino’s
Plaza
Prime Time
Rose & Crown
Chef Mickey

2 Likes

What @dianelynn said. I just had to do ADRs for 9 and it wasn’t easy but it can be done. But because you have some tricky ADR’s to get like Topolinos, i would split them like she mentioned.

3 Likes

Did you all find the app or website better to work with?

Also - if I split, is there a problem with trying to book two slots so close together? Will I be able to do both on my account?

1 Like