ADR finder / Kona Café / Polynesian questions

I feel like Poly, WL, and AKL are really the only hotels with ‘a vibe’ that is really strong and worth seeing.

3 Likes

We’re doing all of those, but also GF because lobby and CR because monorail through building.

3 Likes

I was unimpressed generally with the Kona Cafe, but this was last March and possibly before the renovation. It just seemed really blah in decor, like a Holiday Inn restaurant. And the Tonga Toast was a letdown.

It has only just reopened after the renovation. I think it looks much better.

1 Like

Paul is going to try the Tonga toast. And he’s going to give me the bacon. He’s such a great travelling companion.

3 Likes

TWSS

5 Likes

The spiced ham is really the star of the show there.

1 Like

This is SO true. I worked to ensure we got a Kona ADR specifically for the spiced ham! My wife LOVED the Tonga Toast. (I can’t have it due to an allergy to bananas.) The Macadamia Nut Pancakes were delicious, don’t get me wrong, but when I had that ham, I was really sad when I finished it. I left much of the pancakes on the plate, but the ham! So good.

I am not sure how/if I can order what I want easily. What I want is TWO servings of the spiced ham, and only a SINGLE pancake.

I know you can add another side of ham, but not sure about the pancakes.

This is how I am about Cape May and bacon. It’s worth a whole plateful, all by its onesies.

Next trip I might have to abandon Cape May for a Kona breakfast one day. :smile: Try out that ham.

2 Likes

You need a Paul. I basically order what I want and then eat half of what he’s ordered.

2 Likes

For breakfast? I would do it! I love both the Tonga Toast and the Macadamia Nut pancakes. The resort is lovely. I would definitely do it. I would pick it for breakfast over everywhere except Topolino’s, I think.

4 Likes

Our Cape May breakfast was fantastic! Def a must do next trip!

We actually did four breakfast CRT, Cape May, Whispering Canyon and Crystal Palace—
They were all Fantastic meals.

3 Likes

I have not done ever CRT tho I’ve been thinking of trying it one of these trips. We did Whispering Canyon a few trips ago. During the before times DH always preferred a buffet so places like Whispering Canyon and OHana weren’t on the schedule much.

For our June trip we were at Cape May 3 mornings in a row so DH could experience plenty of his favorite breakfast place. :blush:

We thought the CRT breakfast was much better then we remember from 4 years ago. I had a steak and eggs and it was great. Just too bad all Princesses aren’t back yet.

2 Likes