ADR day is here AGAIN

I’ve already been to this point twice since spring. Hopefully the third time’s a charm and this one will stick! 60 days out tomorrow, woohoo! We don’t require a lot of ADRs for this shortish trip, but we’re hoping that we’ll feel comfortable enough to dine indoors a couple of times. If I can’t manage to snag them, no big deal, but this is the order I’m going to try to get them:

Hollywood and Vine (Lunch) for 60+2
Chef Mickey’s for 60+3 (I actually want this for our departure day, but since we’re staying our last night at a different resort I’m going to try 60+3 and then try to change it to our preferred day. I am not sure I can get it at 60+1)
Whispering Canyon for a later dinner on our arrival day. (I want to see the Christmas decorations, Hubs wants bottomless BBQ. We’re staying at the cabins at Ft. Wilderness so this seems like a good choice to grab dinner after travelling.)

If I manage to snag just one of the character meals, my kids will be happy. The new options at H&V look really yummy! (we previously did not enjoy our experience there, but this looks great!) Is this the order that you guys would try?

3 Likes

I’m wondering if maybe since it will be the first day that characters are back at Chef Mickey’s, maybe it would be easier to get Topolino’s. Now I’m over analyzing my plan.:crazy_face:

1 Like

Good luck!

Sounds about right. You’re in the zone!

That’s why we’re all here. :grinning:

1 Like

I actually feel really strange because at 46 days out, I have nothing to do. Usually I’m tweaking FPs, checking my touring plans, debating moving ADRs.
But there’s no FPs, can’t really do much with my TPs, and ADRs with so few restaurants aren’t really all that changeable.
My overthinking has nothing to overthink, lol!

6 Likes

Well, I got Chef Mickey’s, and Whispering Canyon (although maybe a little later than I’d like- hoping to move it an hour or so earlier) But Hollywood & Vine was impossible. There is nothing left even for a party of two, when I tried breaking up our party of 5! For fun, I tried Cinderella’s Royal Table for lunch on 60+1 and got two times that came up for lunch (although I didn’t book.) So, it looks like H&V is harder to get right now than CRT! Not surprising since H&V is character dining and no princesses at CRT, but it still felt odd.

Hopefully I will be able to get the H&V later with the res. finder. That is the only one we really wanted. The kids won’t be mad about Chef Mickey’s though- they would eat there for every meal if I let them have their way :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Other people have had difficulty with H&V. Hopefully the reservation finder will work its magic!

1 Like

yeah, it really seems like it is the most popular right now! Very interesting.

2 Likes

Go back and check. I just snagged a time for our day in December. They may have added more?

2 Likes

Yep, not sure what your actual HS day is, but there are lots of H&V slots open between about 12/8 and 12/13 now for both lunch and dinner. It does seem like they dumped a bunch more into the system. I grabbed the only slot I could for this in early Dec for 2 people (60+4).

ETA: Ok, if it’s your ADR day today, then 60+2 would be 12/15, and I’m unable to see availability for that day, but it is interesting that there are so many available on those earlier days now.

2 Likes

Stupid question. On the ADR how far out can you make the reservation? Is it 60 days from your checkin date and can you reserve for your other days (we are staying a week) or do you have to try each day?

1 Like

60 days from check in plus 10 if your stay is that long. If it’s more than 10 days you’ll have to make the others individually.

1 Like

WOW!!! Got it!!! I cannot tell you guys how much I love this forum, even though I am usually a silent observer. I’ve been trying throughout the day and had given up, but saw these replies- grabbed a 2:45 first but prefer earlier, was then able to change it to 11:30!!! Maybe they didn’t actually open the reservations for that day at 6:00am, because there was quite the choice in time slots!

2 Likes

Yes it is 60 days from your check in date, for the entire stay. If you are staying in more than one resort, then each check in starts a new period. For example we are staying three nights at Ft. Wilderness Cabins and then our last night we are staying at Caribbean Beach Resort. I can make reservations up to the checkout date at Ft. Wilderness, but cannot make one for our final day at CBR until 60 days from our check in date for that resort. I hope that makes sense :slight_smile:

Thank you! We are 100 days out with a party of 11 so we need all the legs up we can get for getting dining reservations :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Be prepared to split the group into two smaller groups

1 Like

In this case, if there’s a hard-to-get ADR you really want on that last day, I would have just booked FtW through that last day (concurrently with your one day at CBR) and modified it back to the correct days later. Yes, it’s kinda circumventing the rules, but it’s not like you’re not there on property that day anyway. It’s just following what the rule should be. (I’m surprised my kids haven’t used that line on me yet. :rofl:)

1 Like

I gotta say, after saying that it felt weird having nothing to do, and then seeing Prince Charming Devs video, I’m staying to feel like I need to book 2 TS meals a day. We usually do TS breakfast and dinner, and skip lunch, but with the reopey and limited ts, was going to rely on more qs meals in the park. But seeing the crowds and waits for mobile order, I’m having second thoughts. I can’t imagine explaining to my disabled 5 year old that we have to wait for the food, and then find a place to sit that may not be a table.

1 Like

I wanted to share our experience, that while you have to wait for your mobil order outside the qs place it does limit how many are inside w/ tables and finding a table is easier. Not like how we might have done it before where some one grabs a table and another goes to order food. They are not allowing ppl to sit until after they’ve picked up their order and they are not allowing anyone inside until their food/order is ready for pick up.

1 Like