ADR date approaching - help me prioritize booking for dining and extras like WAT and Savi's

Hi Friends, we are seven days until our 60 day ADR booking date. I am wondering how booking other experiences such as WAT, Savi’s, and the Droid build fit into the booking strategy? Should I focus on all of the dining reservations and then go back and make these?
We have a split stay, so I will have 2 ADR days:

Booking on 2/28:
-4/29: no ADR’s
-4/30: HDDR (I know this is unlikely but a girl can dream) If it doesn’t become available then we will try for Ohana, if we can’t get into Ohana we will go for Story book dining
-5/1: WAT 8:45am
-5/2: Space 220, San Angel Inn as our back-up
-5/3: Yak and Yeti

Booking on 3/4:
-5/4: Oga’s, Droid Depot, Savi’s - How far apart should each of these be booked?
-5/5: Homecomin’
-5/6: Rose and Crown fireworks dining
-5/7: Trattoria al Forno breakfast

Definitely dining over the other experiences. I’d probably plan at least 90 minutes between all the SW activities except maybe Droid building since it is a shirter experience than the others. Ogas normally has a little bit of a wait even after you check in so that’s why I’d add a decent buffer around it even though they are pretty strict on the 45 minute limit.

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m glad I asked, I was planning to give each Star Wars experience an hour, I will give myself some extra time with those.

1 Like

We just did WAT and it was amazing! It was the highlight of the trip for me.

1 Like

Awesome! I am crazy excited for this!

Early-middle of the trip is when you cross the rope bridges. When we’d got to the other side I thought, “If the tour ended now, I’d think we got our moneys worth.”

I can’t tell you how happy it makes me to read such good reviews! I NEED this vacation, from deep in my soul, it’s been a long, rough 2+ years and imagining our trip is what has kept me sane. I didn’t think I could get more excited, but somehow I am, thank you! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Since all the Star Wars stuff is super close to each other, getting from one to another is not an issue time-wise. As was said above, you can’t stay more than 45 minutes at Ogas. Droid build is 30ish minutes. Savi’s is like 45 with waiting. So my advice is to separate them all but at least 60 minutes but 90 to be certain of no overlap.
I just hope there are enough time slots available for you to have the luxury of picking any time you want.
If you do get to do these things, you won’t be disappointed! (Though, the droid build is the least exciting of the three).

1 Like

Thank you! DH wants to do the droid build, but he also wants everything in SWGE to be a surprise and doesn’t want me to tell him all of the things I have read. He is going to go with DS for the light saber build so he will get to experience both, but I’m dying to tell him to just do Savi’s. I figure as long as I can book the droid before Savi’s, it will just make the Savi’s experience that much more fun.

2 Likes

I promise Savi’s will not disappoint!

1 Like

Savis (and I think the Droid experience) opens at midnight the night before! So book and go get some sleep :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is amazing intel, thank you!!! Getting these booked before the morning will greatly reduce my anxiety when I log in to book dining.

1 Like

For Savi’s I’d gotten us a post-park close reservation. Park closed at 9pm and the reservation was for 9:30. So, we were able to slip in a park close standby to Millenium Falcon and then make Savi’s.
We lucked out and got a booth. The booths have dividers in them so they can fit two groups. I felt a bit sorry for the other group of 8 adults squeezed in their half, while us three had the other half. But with the dividers there was nothing to be done.

My family had been the same in wanting to be surprised. They were in the room sometimes when I watched videos so they knew that DD would be building a light saber. I was sad I wasn’t allowed to watch, but not $200 sad.

1 Like