ADR 60 days+ Help

Please help me with some advice on ADRs! We will be at WL June 6-12. Here is my plan and I’d love to get some opinions on where to add or where I probably won’t get the ADR. My #1 is CRT so I booked MK towards the end! Is CRT better for lunch or dinner? We will take a mid-day break every day to escape the heat.

Do any of you think that they will open Storybrook Dining when they reopen WL? Have any other resorts opened dining when they open resorts to the public?

Sunday, June 6 (WL resort day) - Whispering Canyon breakfast, Kona dinner

Monday, June 7 (MK) - Lunch- Skippers Canteen or MK resort, Dinner - ?

Tuesday, June 8 (HS) - Late breakfast - Toppolino Terrace so we can do the Skyliner and see characters, Dinner - Sci-Fi or HBD (or nothing)

Weds, June 9 (AK) Lunch or Dinner - Yak & Yeti

Thursday, June 10 (EP) - Lunch - San Angel or La Hacienda, Dinner - Via Napoli

Friday, June 11 (MK) - Lunch - ?, Dinner CRT or Lunch CRT and California Grill dinner?

Saturday, June 12 (MK) - Lunch - CRT lunch if we can’t get it Friday, anything else we should do before we leave?

Thanks so much! As you can see I’m having the most trouble with MK!

1 Like

If food quality is more important that atmosphere La Hacienda over San Angel.

There’s something so cool/romantic to me about eating at San Angel, kids love seeing the volcano and watching the ride go by, and the atmosphere can’t be beat IMO. But the food is just okay, nothing amazing.

2 Likes

Thank you! I think that atmosphere may win on that one.

2 Likes

I don’t see Be Our Guest, is that on purpose? I’m only asking as it’s usually most requested, second only to CRT. It is also really fun ambiance wise and my family loves the “Grey Stuff”. Also Chef Mickey’s is another one a lot of families love booking as well.

All of your other choices seem great imo. A lot of Liner favorites as well as a lot of my personal favorites as well.

I can’t speak to CRT lunch versus dinner.

1 Like

Also, I agree the food is better at La Hacienda, but we still choose San Angel too. It’s just fun.

3 Likes

It seems like the reviews haven’t been the best on this Forum for BOG lately. That’s why I excluded it. That and it is expensive. I might throw it in there just in case. I wonder if my DH may grumble about the cost if the food isn’t great, especially if we are doing CRT. I don’t have to pre-pay like CRT right?

Lunch = dinner right now at CRT so whichever you can get. Personally I’d do a lunch so you can open up more options for dinner outside the park.

2 Likes

No prepay but it is currently the same price as CRT. It was really good when it first came out but it wasn’t as good last time I went but it’s still better than other choices and it’s gorgeous. An experience for once at least.

3 Likes

Yes this. Some restaurants are experiences and some are yummy. Both can be great in their own way.

2 Likes

Also people are just grumbling because it used to be better. It really did start off trying to be gourmet and the only place in the park with booze. It’s still good. It’s on par with CRT quality wise imho. I chose it over CRT this time to do with DD as she wanted both because I went to CRT last but I think they are interchangeable.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your replies. I will put BOG on my list and hope I can get it! I am all about experiences - especially the kind you can’t get at the CA parks. There is nothing like CRT or BOG at Disneyland.

2 Likes

For us, two TS meals a day most days would be too much time (and money)-depends on what else you want to do but just something to think of. You say you’re taking a mid day break-do you mean a lunch in air conditioning or heading back to hotel? If the latter, which I fully support, you’ll want to think of how much actual park touring you’ll have between two sit down meals and heading back to hotel for break.

1 Like

This! I love the unique things about the different parks but DLR > WDW in most things to me including food. I love Napa Rose and Blue Bayou and Wine Country Trattoria.

2 Likes

I just don’t eat a breakfast and one meal do sushi or soup and salad and I can do it and the TS food is usually better quality than the QS. But yes I can understand this. I wouldn’t put BOG and CRT on the same day since both are three course meals.

I totally agree! I will probably want to do at least one ADR a day and trying to focus on experiences we can’t get anywhere else. Of course, my DH likes good food and he is not thrilled to be going to WDW (he doesn’t like crowds and lines) so I also want to accommodate him.

I may overbook ADRs and drop as needed. I remember going to DLR and not reserving anything and DH was pretty over it, he wanted to sit and eat to take a break. We ended up doing RFC which wasn’t the best. I’m trying to avoid that here and make this enjoyable for him too!

I haven’t been to Blue Bayou since I was a kid! I never planned DLR trips and never even considered it since I knew the DLR layout like the back of my hand. I’m sure I waited in way too many lines and didn’t tour efficiently. So happy I found TP!

2 Likes

We enjoyed lunch at CRT twice. We also enjoyed the volcano restaurant a lot. We liked the food there as well as the ambiance. We LOVE yak and yeti. Skipper Canteen had one of my favorite things I’ve ever had at WDW, an appetizer with falafel. We enjoyed BOG very much and went there twice. These are all pre covid recommendations but I’ll bet a lot of what I liked is still being offered.

2 Likes