Administration Official Claims Its OK that VA does not track wait times because Disney does not track wait times

I don’t want to get political, but I thought readers of this site would find this funny. In trying to justify why its OK if the VA does not measure wait times, an official said "“When you go to Disney, do they measure the number of hours you wait in line? Or what’s important? What’s important is, what’s your satisfaction with the experience?” McDonald said Monday during a Christian Science Monitor breakfast with reporters. “And what I would like to move to, eventually, is that kind of measure.” LOL.

I wrote that this was totally wrong, and that in fact Disney wait times were the most transparent service metric in the world. I even gave Touring Plans a plug!..Coyote Blog » Blog Archive » Disney Wait Times Are Among The Most Transparent Service Numbers Anywhere

3 Likes

My head hurts just reading that. And I’m a) not even American, b) but still an Obama fan, and c) married to a guy who tracks wait times for Unemployment Insurance (in Canada) for his job. Seriously? Also, why measure how satisfied people are with the experience? Right, because people who are now demented or dead can’t complain.
Glad you responded with your blog!