Adding Location for Break on TP

I’m sure this question has been answered before, but I had trouble finding it on the forum.

Can you add a stop/break at a specific location on a TP? I believe you can do this while using the TP in the park, but I was trying to do it for planning purposes.

If you have a link to the answer (or know it), I’d appreciate it! Thanks.

I’m assuming you mean a break at a location where TP doesn’t have an option listed, like Fairytale Garden in MK?

You have to “trick” TP into knowing where you are by selecting a “meal” break at restaurant nearby.

So… if I’m stopping at Fairytale Garden for a break, I tell TP I’m taking a “meal” at Cheshire Cafe then input the time & duration I want to stop.

This will keep all my walking distance / time more accurate for the rest of the plan.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I needed to know!

To add context, I am planning out bathroom breaks. I have 3 young kids and I learned from my last trip that I need to take more time to appreciate the Disney bathrooms. :slight_smile:

Thank you!

4 Likes

Glad to help… I plan a lot of trips. What I discovered a while back was too many ppl use TP to plan the “perfect” day going to every ride without thinking about needing to stop every so often to pee / drink / distracted.

I highly recommend putting in a 10 - 15 minute break in your TP every 1.5 - 2 hours. You can use this time for anything listed above or unexpected Magic or ride breakdowns. It’s always better to have too much free time at WDW because everything is going smoothly than to “get behind” and have to start asking everyone - what attraction can you miss today without crying?

3 Likes

I learned this the hard way on our first trip last year! Since the crowd levels were so low, we hit everything on our TP, but I pushed my kids too hard. They were too exhausted at the end of the day to enjoy the fireworks!

We’re going to slow down, slightly lower expectations, take out a ride or two, and add a couple of breaks, which should make it a much more enjoyable time!

“What attraction can you miss today without crying?” is a great filter for planning!

1 Like

The real question is…are you asking yourself of the kids? :upside_down_face:

Both! I definitely have my favorites too! :smile:

1 Like