Adding Guest to an ADR

Nice :test_tube:!

3 Likes

Thanks for reporting back!! That’s encouraging. In the absence of getting a new CM ADR for 3, I may just try to check in with 3 for my ADR for 2 and see what happens. I guess it would only be a morning spent traveling to the Contemporary for no reason if it doesn’t work.

1 Like

At this step were you able to increase the number to 6 in any cases? Or were you only able to increase when you physically went to the host?

I could increase it in the app.
i wish i had a screenshot but didn’t even think about it
When you “Check-in” on the app, it has 3 lines
Number of adults in your party (starts at 0, you hit the plus minus button to the right number)
Number of children in your party (ages 3-9) (starts at 0, you hit the plus minus button to the right number)
Number of infants in your party (ages 0-2) (starts at 0, you hit the plus minus button to the right number)
Then when you add a child or infant, it will pop up asking if you need a high chair or booster.
Then it asks about mobility.
Then it asks about allergies.
Then you are done checking in.
I only increased it to 6, adding one adult (so my numbers were 4 adults, 1 child, 1 infant). I didn’t test it by adding any more than that, but it didn’t give me any type of issue that I was over my reservation number.Nor did the host seem to care at all that I put in one extra person.

2 Likes

Clarification. My actual numbers were 3 adults, 1 child, 1 infant. The 4 adults was my test scenario.

2 Likes

I did not test actually increasing the number of adults to 6 - i just added one adult on the actual number of adults. But I did this all in the app, and actually I wasn’t even at the restaurant when I checked in, I was just at my reservation time and we were en route to the restaurant.

2 Likes

The only reason this would give me pause is that there are specific table configurations for 2 that may not accomodate 3. I still don’t think you’ll really have any trouble. You could call CM directly when you’re getting ready to leave and just tell them you need to add another person and see what they say closer to the actual reservation.

Thanks! I think this is good news then. So when I’m en route to my reservations and I’m checking in on the app, I’ll just increase the number of adults in my party from 3 to 4 and leave it with 3 kids and 1 infant as originally reserved. It sounds like that should work. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I feel like this should work without issue based on my experience.

1 Like

I agree for the same reason, but I may try and see if nothing comes through.

1 Like

Related question for my DVC friends. I contacted David’s to have my owners add the extra adult in my party to my room reservations. So far, 2 out of the 3 owners have added the individual and it worked perfectly. However, I only have 10 days left to order a Magic Band for front-desk delivery and my first resort owner still hasn’t made the call.

Is adding a guest something only the owner can do, or is it worth me calling? Just want to come up with a contingency plan in case the last owner doesn’t act in time. In their defense, I only gave 27 days advance warning instead of 30 as recommended, and I know those calls eat up a lot of time!

Tagging @PrincipalTinker, @Nicky_S, and @OBNurseNH (the DVC gurus).

It is only something the owner can do but honestly, they can do it online and it takes 2 minutes.

3 Likes

Are they on the other reservations? Any MB should work once they are added (plus their phone).

2 Likes

They are on the other two but not on the initial one that we will be arriving at first, so I assume that creates an issue with picking it up? The phone obviously won’t be an issue but the MB will be fun.

How many days out are you from the other 2 stays? You didn’t order bands? They ship over 30. Can you just buy them one?

1 Like

I have Magic Bands for all the other members of my party and they are in my possession. The last stay on our trip is already past the shipping window, so I have to pick up on site or just buy one on site. Would be nice to have it at the front desk though.

1 Like

I have added someone within a week and MBs have been at the front desk (grey)

They might have different colors now?

1 Like

You can always get a plain coloured one at the front desk when you arrive.

How long ago did you ask Davids? Give it a week and then try again. Ask if they can remind the owner it’s something they can do online. But it could just be the owner is away or otherwise busy. I’m sure they’ll add the guest eventually.

1 Like

A gray MB would be fine, so I won’t worry about it too much then. It hasn’t quite been a week since I asked David’s to make the update, so I’ll give it a few more days before I bug them again. Thanks all!

2 Likes

They always used to have a supply of coloured bands I believe in case people lost their personalised one. They would get another of the same colour at least for them.

2 Likes