Adding DDP to a room only reservation

How far in advance does the DP need to be added?

I have seen 3 days, or 5 days. But I’m not sure of the time frame.

What I do know is that the process is not as simple as just “adding dining”. You must convert a room only reservation to a ticketless package to add dining. That changes the deposit and payment rules, so if you are less than 30 days before the trip, the balance would be due when you make the change.

2 Likes

You might want to consider if you wish to add a DDP at all. Most do it for the convenience of using their magic band for paying for meals but few realize you can do this without a DDP. Have a credit card attached to your Disney acct and when you pay for meals use your Magic Band just like you would if you had DDP. The charge goes to your credit card on file. There are only a few instances where DDP is worth the money you spend up front. Using your credit card on file and paying as you go gives you way more leeway for meals and snacks especially if you have picky eaters or don’t know what to do with all those snacks you have to use just to break even. Think about it.

Well we are splitting the dining plan between 2 rooms (one with DP and one without). The math comes out way ahead in favor of the DP on our case. I just have some room modifications I am trying to accomplish & need to know how much longer I have to adjust the reservation. But thanks!

We are doing that for the first part of our stay too. The math works out to each credit being worth ~$23. And that doesn’t count snacks or the refillable mug. We are making a few hundred dollars on the deal :smiley: