Adding a day at a Disney resort before prior res question

So we decided to drive straight through instead of staying overnight in a hotel in GA.

I paid for the room yesterday and set up the room request through Touring Plans with a note including the number of the second res.

Has anyone had any luck staying in the same room or did they have you move?

Just curious.

We have had luck adding at the end of trip and staying in the same room, but haven’t tried adding one to the front of a trip.

If the room isn’t a very unique one and you book the same room type, they will normally try to work that in due to housekeeping issues, etc.

3 Likes

We have had two different reservations at the same resort several times and have not had to move rooms. I always mention it at check in though (in person).

2 Likes

How far out is your reservation? If it’s more than 30 days you should make a note on your room request to link it to your other reservation.

1 Like

How did you add one to the end of your trip? I might have the slightest chance of possibly investigating doing this to stay one more day :joy:

1 Like

DH went to the desk and asked for one more night because we didn’t want to stay at the same place we stayed at in Jacksonville. :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

I called the front desk earlier and asked if they could tell me how much one more night would be, and the guy said he’d have to put in a request for an extension and that “they” would call me to tell me how much it would cost to do so. This was like 4 hours ago and I haven’t heard anything :-1:t2:

2 Likes

Does the number really go to the front desk? I, personally, prefer to actually talk to a person face-to-face.

Of course, ours happened in the before times, so who knows what they do now.

3 Likes

I’ve been able to stay in the same room twice.

1 Like

I’d walk to the front desk and do it in person. Much easier.

6 Likes

Got a call back while taking a popcorn break. My room category at Kidani doesn’t have any availability :-1:t2: Guess I’ll just have to plan a return trip for more solo time!

3 Likes

:frowning: I’m so sorry.

2 Likes

If staying solo I’d switch to Pop. More $ for ears and treats!

2 Likes

That’s fair. I just love sitting on the balcony watching the animals! Lol

3 Likes

Last year at Pop, our flight was cancelled after a week stay there. I went to the lobby and was able to stay an extra day in the same room. Then the next night- same thing. Went to lobby at like 2 am and was able to get the same room again. Then I switched airlines the following day and finally made it home :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This is exactly why we added the day. I priced out hotels in Kingsland where we stayed before. I wasn’t too thrilled with that La Quinta and the only other nicer hotel was the Hampton Inn. Pop was $25 more so I just booked it.

We won’t arrive until like 2:30 - 3 a.m. but we’ll be able to sleep in and just relax at the pool all morning.

I’ll pack a daybag in case they make us move. Just leave everything else in the car. I don’t think I want to bring all that stuff in so late anyway. We’ll be exhausted and just need to sleep.

3 Likes

I hadn’t considered housekeeping. It would cost them more to move us.

Fingers crossed. Thanks everyone!

1 Like

If the reservations are for the same room category, you can call and ask them to combine the reservations together into one booking. Then for sure you won’t have to move.

1 Like