Activating Passes - Best Location?

Flight arrives at MCO at 12:45 on a Saturday. We’ll need to grab our luggage and hit DME to travel to the GF. Presume that gets us there about 2:15 or so, although understand that could be a wide window to as late as 3:15 if we’re really unlucky. We need to check-in, pick-up magic bands and stow our luggage either in the room or with bell services.

We then need to activate our APs prior to going to Epcot for an ADR at Le Cellier. Where’s the best place to hit guest services? Presume the one at MK would be a foolish choice. The other options are Epcot front gate off the Monorail, or hop the boat to MK, bounce to Yacht/Beach and walk to the International Gateway guest services to activate. Last time we activated there and it was no line, but that was pre-Skyliner so I’m guessing that location might be far busier now.

Anyway - should I do the obvious and just hit the one by the Epcot main entrance? Or attempt to get fancy and pick a shorter line?

Right now we’re clinging to ADRs at 3:40 and 5:00 for Le Cellier - prefer the earlier one but I’m not positive we can make that work timing wise for certain, although in the past they have accommodated us when we arrive late due to travel. Which one would you gamble on? Figure I need to cancel one…

Thanks for any thoughts…

1 Like

I’ve noticed and I agree that the IG GS seems to be least busy than any other GS. However, I believe you can activate your tickets at a ticket booth window too. I know we activated my DH’s mil ticket at the ticket sales window outside the tapstyles at AK (we’ve done that twice and I believe I activated my AP there too, but that was awhile ago). The ticket lines fluctuate in length b/c you need a pk res. so using them to activate DH ticket there made more sense than the long waits at GS. I’m not sure how to find out for sure if you can use a ticket wdo for AP activation; I’m tempted to say it shouldn’t matter the ticket type b/c once-upon-a-time you could buy an AP at the ticket booth.

I’d just enjoy the stroll over to the MK, taking in the fact that you’re there, and use GS there to do it. Then hop monorails to get to EP for reservation

I would do Epcot maingate. It’s just the easiest and should have more availability than the IG entrance.

I’m going to say that’s a long walk in the early afternoon heat that I’m probably not going to start the trip with that trek. Would like to do it sometime, but I was thinking more either on a MK morning or after fireworks one day when it’s a touch cooler (or at least not direct sun) and I’m avoiding a long wait for the boat/Monorail…

If the MK one seems the winner I’d likely lean towards the monorail to get there. I think the small boats go GF-Poly-MK so it’s more efficient to “train” to & “boat” from MK…

Yeah then the boat or the monorail.

But if on monorail I’d just go all the way to TTC, change for Epcot, and activate there.

Yah, that’s my current lean. Sneaking in the International back entrance is somewhat tempting, but opening with a couple monorail rides is probably more iconic than bussing in from MK…

3 Likes