Accuracy of TP for RD/first hour in MK?

Hi all. I’m trying to gauge the accuracy of my TP for my rope drop plans. On a CL 4 day in October, I want to RD BTMRR and Splash; TP says I will arrive at BTMRR at 9:13 and that I will be done with both rides at 10. Based on my experience, it seems like I would be at BTMRR earlier and could get more than that done in the first hour (ie that I should at least be able to fit in Haunted Mansion or another BTMRR trip in that first hour). Thoughts? It is not an EMH day. Have fellow liners done more than that at RD? I know I can optimize once I am in the park but would much prefer to have my TP set since this timing will also determine my FPP choices ahead of time. Thanks for your thoughts as always! This group is so helpful.

1 Like

The plan assumes arriving at the park bang on opening time and not ahead of the crowd. I might try putting in a 1 min meal at CRT at 9am before going to BTMRR to see what that does (disclaimer - I don’t know if it will let you put 1 min in).

1 Like

If you are there at RD and go to BTMRR you should be off both by 10. Splash is a long attraction.

1 Like

We did this twice in May, on CL 3 and 4 days. We were off Splash at about 9:45-9:50 both days.

1 Like

Thanks, that is really helpful!

Wait, do you mean 9:45-9:50?

Yes, just realised the typo and corrected it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Use the opening show as your first step, the TP will assume you will be there earlier. We did the exact same thing on our trip last december and plan to do it again this october. We rode BTMRR 2 times because Splash wasn’t open yet. We did BTMRR, BTMRR, SPLASH, HM, stop at Rapunzel’s bathrooms and arrived at princess hall at 9:38am for our 9:40am FP. That day was 8am opening day but I think you would be fine with your plan.

Fablemos: So for 8 a.m. opening, you did BTMRR x 2, Splash, HM, and then walked to Princess Hall and that took 1 hour 40 min?

Yes, that’s correct. Me, DH and DD5, with a stroller and all. No wait for BTMRR or Splash and minor wait for HM.

Thanks, that is helpful. I added the opening show and it did adjust my arrival time at BTMRR!

2 Likes

I find a pretty big difference that opening time makes - a lot of people that won’t get up to RD 8am - Will get there to RD 9am
I have a friend that went Easter week last year EMH 7, open 8 - they did 9 rides, saw princesses and had snacks and were in line for another character by 9.

2 Likes

I think I’d skip the snakes personally…

1 Like

ok - did the edit - but honestly I had to read it twice before I figured out what I meant to write

1 Like

I was very proud of myself when I figured out you meant snacks! I knew snakes couldn’t be right but it took a while to think of what you could mean that would be close to snakes.

I realised straight away you meant snacks but couldn’t resist.

2 Likes

We were there on March 1st 2018 (CL4 was 4)

We didn’t watched the opening show, as we waited near the front of the line in Adventureland and we were on the 2nd train at BTMR.
It went like this:
09:05 – 09:15 : Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
09:17 – 09:29 : Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
09:30 – 09:52 : Splash Mountain

1 Like

Awesome, great to know!