A Trip Report: Or a Way For Me to Cope

I love the Karen tracker…that is a great way to cope with people

1 Like

Time for me to wrap this up.

Day 8, Saturday February 22, Topolino’s and Wasting Time

Our AP’s have now officially run out. So, we slept in as much as we could before our reservation at Topolino’s Terrace at 10:25. We were staying in the Jamaica buildings at CBR. I think those are the best to be in for ease of getting to the Skyliner for sure, but it also is a pretty easy walk across the lake, over the island, to get to the main building. We dropped our packed bags off at bell services, except for one that included swimsuits for the boys, before walking along to the Riviera Resort. We had passed through there the other day on the way to catch the Skyliner to EPCOT, but now we had a better chance to explore, but first we had to go to breakfast. The character breakfast at Topolino’s was outstanding. The food was great, the characters of course were wonderful and the views up there are awesome. If you are looking at this value wise, I will say this, It depends on your desire for the characters. It is definitely overpriced if you are just looking at what you are eating. The cost comes in for the premium characters in unique outfits. I always placed a high value on character meals when the boys were younger. Getting characters to come to you instead of having to wait in multiple lines to be able to see them is a definite plus. Having the chance to sit and eat while waiting for them is a bonus in a my opinion. I mean, I was probably going to spend an hour eating somewhere anyway. So, having 4 characters coming by to sign and take pictures saved me probably at least 30-40 minutes that I would have been waiting in lines and could now do something else. Circling back around to this one, again, it was amazing. We all loved it and if you go, definitely take them time to wander out onto the patio after eating.

After breakfast we stepped outside of the Riviera and played a little bocce before making our way back to CBR. It was still a little cool today, just peaking up over 70, but the sun was out now and the boys were ready to get a little bit of swimming in one last time. After they filled that need we headed to Disney Springs for a couple last items to shop for. We were going to make another stop at the Coca-Cola bar, but there was quite a line up there and we decided to pass. So, we hopped on a bus to the Boardwalk. I was determined to get Ample Hills and we wanted to squeeze another Skyliner ride out of the trip. Everyone got some ice cream, my favorite from my ice cream flight was the Ooey Gooey. We rode the Skyliner back to CBR, where we hopped off and had to get ready to catch the Magical Express bus to take us away. It was a pretty relaxing day to finish up the trip.

For the first time in a while,we are not sure when we will be back. There are a couple of targets out there for sure. We will definitely be there Oct of 2021 for the 50th. There is a chance for this December and another next February, but we have to see how those play out. Until then, I will work through my stages of grief for being away from WDW. Eventually it will turn back into excitement as I plan the next adventure.

6 Likes

Thanks for reading along everyone. I really do this as a way of me being able to remember my trip. I recommend doing it, even if it is not on these forums, journal it for yourself. It can be fun to look back and remember the things that became your memories. And if someone else can learn something from it while I am at it, I am glad to have been of assistance.

Happy planning everyone!
-Brian

10 Likes