A Trip Report: Less Words, More Pictures

I really love doing trip reports. I love Disney so much and I love taking photos and I love sharing them with my Liner friends! I tend to ramble. So in a celebration of doing something different, this trip report will be all about the pictures. Although I will give some details and anecdotes on those photos and I’d love to discuss all things Disney while I post.

My trip was 3/14- 3/20, 2021. It was my husband & me and another couple who are good friends (and next door neighbors) of ours. We have 6 kids between the 2 couples, so we missed our kids of course, but had a BLAST! Our focuses were: Food, Drinks, Rope Dropping and riding as much as we could with minimal waits.


We stayed at the Dolphin. We reserved a King Balcony room and boy did they deliver. Our room had 2 balconies which overlooked the Swan/Dolphin area AND we could see Epcot & HS from one of the balconies. Pictures below of the golfball and TOT are from our balcony. Room 9116. Unfortunately, there were 3 wasps nests on one of the balconies, so we didn’t get to enjoy it as much as we’d liked. We had some issues with management to say the least… but the wasps were never removed. They apologized and gave us a monetary credit, but I would have rather had more time on the balconies. Either way, IT’S A GREAT ROOM!


Our first stop on arrival day was Toppolino’s Terrace for dinner. Food was great, terrace is GORGEOUS, ambiance felt a little bare. I’d like to try it again. (For anyone who read my December trip report, this is the second Filet that has been… fileted. Why do they cut them in half??)


That view :heart_eyes:


Parks Day 1: Early morning at MK. We were toward the front of the pack, made it to 7DMT and they announced it was down. The guys said we should bail, so we rode Pirates, Splash, BTMRR and HM with no waits. We snapped some Photopass pictures on the way out to lunch at The Grand Floridian Cafe. We took the boat to GF and it was a beautiful walk through the resort. We were early so they offered to seat us right away in 1900 Park Fare. No pictures of food/1900 Park Fare as it was pretty standard.


Our mouths dropped when we stepped out on the balcony. We paid for a King Balcony room, but I did not expect THIS.


Pixie dust! All your pics are great!

1 Like

Park Hopped to: Hollywood Studios. Baseline Taphouse (I love a good playlist and a charcuterie board), we rode SDD when the sun was going down. Headed to Smugglers Run- with 4 of us, we were the only ones on our flight with 2 pilots and 2 gunners. We made some joke about being on Dancing With The Stars: Galaxys Edge as we snapped our photo in front of the Millennium Falcon. 7:30 reservation at Ogas meant walking out to a beautifully empty Galaxy’s Edge (8 PM close).


Parks Day 2: Rope Drop Hollywood Studios. My husband and I rode RotR in December but our friends had not experienced it yet. We spent months practicing together in our cul da sac (we’re next door neighbors if you missed that in the beginning). We stood on a balcony in our room at 6:50 and hoped for the best. 3 of us tried while 1 counted down. My neighbor got BG 8!! Ahhh… the student has become the teacher. I was so proud of her. We walked to HS, arriving around 7:30. We were on the first elevator of the day on TOT, rode RnRC twice with no wait. TSM was a walk on as well. It was 9:00 and we sat down to eat a carrot cake cookie. People were streaming past us, headed into the park. They probably thought we were idiots. Who shows up to the park and has time to sit and eat a cookie? Answer: Liners who rope drop.

Lunch at Sci Fi was so relaxing. It’s so quiet in there! We sang along to Frozen, rode some other stuff then headed back to the Dolphin to swim. Fun tip: Ask the front desk for robes and wear them to the pool. It’s a fun way to feel fancy. And people look at you funny.



I just realized I’m talking a lot again. Less words, More pictures.


Fabulous pics! But your words are great too :joy:


Park hopped to: Epcot! Dinner Reservations at Teppan Edo at 8:00 but it was 6:30 and we had time to waste :slight_smile: We found a great little outdoor table in Italy and people watched while enjoying Limoncello from Tutto Italia & a Karamel S’more from Karamell Kuche. That s’more was the best thing I’ve ever eaten. I talked about it all week. Then we Christmas (?) shopped. Dinner at Teppan Edo was fun. The drinks were pretty. Test Track at night was a fun thing. We rode everything we could squeeze in, including Frozen Ever After with 0 wait at 10:50 PM. We walked out of World Showcase at 11 PM and the closing pretzel cart offered us all huge, free pretzels. What a great ending to the night!


Parks Day 3: Happy St Patrick’s Day from EPCOT! The Flower & Garden Festival was in full effect.
We spent all day at Epcot. Eating. Drinking (responsibly). And looking at all of the pretty flowers.


Dinner time! But first… GREEN BEER. We saw little bunny rabbits hopping around the fields while walking through Canada and that was adorable. I only have video, no photos. Sorry, guys. :rabbit2:

Dinner at Le Cellier was fantastic. It was my favorite meal of the trip. I loved the pretzel bread they bring out to the table. I tried the Ice Wine Flight (very sweet! But good). My friends were now sufficiently trained to not eat their food before I snapped a photo. Such good friends! This trip was to celebrate my upcoming 40th birthday and the CMs were so generous with birthday desserts, including this Chocolate “moose.”


Parks Day 4: Who wants to ride Rise of the Resistance again? BG 7. We rope dropped again and focused our attention on Toy Story Land and Smugglers Run. Our Rise time popped up and this time we experienced a different ending! I didn’t realize there were 2 different “stories.” I took my husband on Star Tours for the first time ever and he couldn’t believe I deprived him of that ride for so many years. Oops. I made it up to him with a PB&J shake at 50s Prime Time.


Here’s where we took an epic nap back at the hotel.

Park hopped to: Magic Kingdom! But first, Geyser Point! It was my first time! And my first Grapefruit Beer! I was happy. I ordered the Charcuterie Board. Ummm no. It was ham, pickles and bread and it was not what I was wanting. Luckily my friends ordered the cheesy brisket dip. On the boat to MK from Geyser Point, it started thundering and lightning. That was exciting and terrifying on that little boat. (Can you see the lightning in my pic below?) The storm quickly passed and we got a lot of rides in that evening. My DH skipped our last ride on Splash and got us a nutella & fruit waffle from Sleepy Hollow to make up for the Charcuterie situation. We took the YC bus from MK, then walked to the Dolphin.


We have posed for the camera EVERY SINGLE TIME we’ve ridden Haunted Mansion and never get it right. We always think we know where the camera is, but we miss it EVERY SINGLE TIME. Liners, please tell me, where is the photo in HM? While you answer, here’s our latest failure. Just having a random convo in HM.


Park Day 5: All day at Animal Kingdom. This day was about as perfect as it gets… 2nd in line at FOP. The line built behind us FAST. Headed to Navi, but they didn’t open until exactly 8:00. We chose to ride Dinosaur next, which felt weird, but we noticed the lines were long throughout the day so we knocked it out with 0 wait. Everest x2 and then I FINALLY EXPERIENCE NOMAD LOUNGE. I missed out on it in December due to a 2 hour wait, so we were prepared. We rope dropped Nomad Lounge (at 10:45 am). It was so beautiful. Lobster mac n cheese was delicious, the drinks were awesome and so was our waiter. More drinks to go! (and we ate the hibiscus flower. Tasted like a fruit roll up). Winged Encounters is my absolute favorite thing. I feel like those birds are my friends. We rode all the rides, dinner at Yak & Yeti and then took in Pandora at night. Beautiful!!



Departure day was an interesting day. Our flight wasn’t until 10 PM, so our plan was to sleep late, leave our bags with bell services at 11 and head to MK for the day. INSTEAAAAD… hubby and I booked a Wave reservation for 8:30 AM and took a Lyft to the Contemporary at 6:15 AM. The guard let us in that early, but I dont think that’s typical right now. We were the FIRST in line for MK that morning. It was chilly that morning so I threw on my crumpled spirit jersey from my backpack and skipped down Main Street. Being first in line at the tapstiles is such a great feeling. We rode 7DMT, BTMRRx2, did some shopping and then took the monorail to our breakfast res at The Wave. 1 Wave Feast and 4 mimosas later, it was 9:30 and time for a nap. We headed back to the hotel for a cat nap, then left our luggage with bell services and headed back to MK. We squished 4 adults into 1 teacup, rode everything we could and finished off the evening with a reservation at Cinderella’s Royal Table. It was truly a magical trip! Can’t wait to go back (with out kids next time. We promised)


Love all the pics! Sounds like such a fabulous trip. Would love to do a kid-free trip one of these days!