A Tale of Two Tours - Keys to the Kingdom and UnDISCOVERed Future World

We are visiting during Spring Break 2016 (March 25-31). We wanted to do the Keys to the Kingdom tour in the Magic Kingdom, but it is not available during the week of our trip. Instead, we booked the UnDISCOVERed Future World tour in EPCOT.

Two questions:

1. Is there a reason that the Keys tour is not available during the week of 3/25? Do you think it might become available as we get closer to our travel date?

2. One of the behind-the-scenes experiences on the UnDISCOVERed tour was a visit to Soarin. That attraction will be closed during the first half of 2016. Any thoughts on where the tour will go in lieu of visiting Soarin?

Thanks!

There are several things they don’t offer during the super-busy Spring Break week. One is the Behind the Scenes tour, and another is Dining with an Imagineer. We’re actually signed up to do KTTK on 3/25 - maybe it’s full, and they’re not doing it the rest of the week? We’re also doing the Future World tour (on the 28th) - figured it’d be so busy that week that at least we could do tours if nothing else!

Thanks Timwarp,

I appreciate the reply. I was wondering if the unavailability of the KTTK tour was because of Spring Break. There is availability on 3/25, and then no availability, any day, until two weeks later. We drive to WDW on 3/25, so taking the tour that day is not an option. We are signed up for UnDISCOVERed Future World on 3/29, the day after you. Our thinking was similar - on a very busy day, at least there is something we know we will get to do.

I went on the Undiscovered Future World tour in January. Because Soarin was closed we went on Spaceship Earth and Test Track. I really enjoyed the tour and I hope you do too!

Thanks so much for the update and I am glad you enjoyed your tour. I would love to hear more about it. For instance, what back stage areas did you visit?

We went behind Soarin’ and saw where they were building the new theater, behind Imagination to see where they clean all the 3D glasses, into the VIP Lounge at the Seas, and behind Test Track and into the building where Cast Members get ready (we got to see all the costumes and a few face characters getting ready!). I think that was it. Sorry I didn’t reply sooner. I hope you have fun!

Thanks very much for the reply. It sounds like a super tour!