A recent thread that's been on my mindso,

But for some people it is. It just comes down to having the money to do either, no ethical dilemmas to either choice.

1 Like

May Tlaloc send a rain cloud over your house!! Oh wait… you live in England, it always rains there.

1 Like

Of course there are degrees. On a scale of one to ten photoshopping utility bills would be a 10, sneaking a peek at the Castle at the start of MVMCP would be a 1, lying about kids ages would probably be like a 7, and gaming the system for ADRs and FPPs would probably be like a 5. The point is I don’t know why we can’t just call it what it is and stop trying to draw false equivalencies.

No it’s not. One is a perk that is being willingly purchased/sold and one is a perk that is being STOLEN.

1 Like

Well, perhaps, but stolen using money which was itself stolen from the common people because of the inequitable distribution of wealth.

I’m not saying I support that argument. Just that it is an argument. And that nothing is ever completely black and white.

The problem is that some people will set all of those at 10 and others will set them at 1. And who’s to say one is right and the other wrong.
Elastic morals are the bane of our times I think.

2 Likes

We are increasingly seeing people who are breaking rules and not only not suffering any consequences but receiving significant praise and rewards for doing so. The rules of morality are being rewritten.

2 Likes

Jesus. You are talking to a Libertarian so I’ve got no patience for the “blame everyone else for my plight in life” philosophy. Just more gymnastics.

1 Like

When more rich guys do this, I’ll be more sympathetic to your lack of sympathy for that argument!

3 Likes

Anyone with common sense and is being honest can see the variance.

1 Like

I fear you are right amigo. There is a popular saying here in Mexico: he who cheats advances.
Every day we embrace it more it seems.

3 Likes

Two traits I lack severely. :rofl::joy::rofl:

You think a leading reservation is stealing? They are stealing access to booking FPs?

A leading reservation infers an onsite stay. So I guess they are stealing the ability to get FPs any day they want? I think I am confused.

Full disclosure: I am lying about one of my daughters ages on our upcoming Disney trip. Only I am saying she is 3 instead of 2 so she can do Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. That this is going to cost me about $650 in no way changes the fact that I might be cheating someone else out of a reservation.

2 Likes

Nobody ever said life was fair or equal. Last I looked, the U.S. wasn’t a communist state. Disney is a for-profit company, like it or not. They make the rules and if people find ways around the rules, then either Disney doesn’t know about them or doesn’t mind. In other circumstances, that would be called initiative and moxie.

I draw the line at illegal or directly harming others or anything one might think of as a scam. Otherwise, any tricks to make a person’s vacation better are fair game.

3 Likes

A service is being stolen. And likely a specific FPP is being stolen from someone playing by the rules.

So you’re paying for her as a 3yo for the full duration of your trip when she is eligible to travel at no cost?

Yeah I guess. I mean the airline has her as 2 but I booked her a seat.

What service? A specific time for a fast pass? I just checked the Dibbs and I can get any FP I want during my upcoming trip. A leading reservation may get me SDD on day 1 instead of day 3 but I don’t see any “value” to that. Maybe others see that differently. That leading reservation would also tie up my money for a few days and possibly result on a fee.

1 Like

The fact that people are willing to pay the fees involved with a leading reservation proves the value. And you booking SDD on day one instead of day three might keep someone with a short vacation from obtaining a SDD FPP at all.

1 Like