A post trip report - Solo time with DS

I hesitated writing a trip report for this trip because we had a very heavy non-Disney trip. But, I think I will because we had a blast and I want to document it!

For the first time ever, we didn’t RD a Disney park. We relied on stacking LL for evenings in WDW and spent most of our days elsewhere.

Normally, I travel with my four kids plus an additional adult or two. Around New Year’s, my husband floated the idea to me of me taking each of my kids on their own trip alone this summer. So, that’s what I did! I took DD6 to San Antonio, DD8 to San Diego and DD11 to NYC!

My trip with DS was the last one! We left on Sunday, July 17th. I realized the night before that American had changed our departure time from 7 am to 8:30 am and had to scramble our plans a bit…mostly we had to cut some shopping time and move our lunch reservation….

We landed in MCO on time around noon. Grabbed the rental car while waiting on our bags to come out, grabbed the bags and drove straight to DS. We popped into WOD and the Lego store before heading to the Boathouse for lunch. It is so much bigger inside than I realized! They were really busy but service was decent and the first meal after a travel morning always tastes so good!

We grabbed some Starbucks after lunch and headed back to the car. We made it to AK right at 4. We had a few LL stacked but it was tricky as most of the attractions don’t advance enough throughout the day to really take advantage of this strategy here.

We ended up riding KRR (LL), caught FotLK (with tumble monkeys!!), grabbed some Dole Whips, did EE (SR), Dinosaur (LL), NRJ (LL) and FOP (ILL). By this time it was almost park close. We walked to the car, drove to AKL, I changed real quick and we finished the night with a fantastic dinner at Jiko.

Made it to the Riviera around 10:30. Absolute bust of a room request. I requested top floor, center section looking out toward the SL, we got lobby floor, looking out to backside of the pool/edge of the CBR property. :woman_shrugging:t2:

18 Likes

18 Likes

15 Likes

Love that you got to spend time with each child individually! How did DS luck out to be the one who got to go to WDW? Looks like your trip got off to a great start.

4 Likes

Great photos. How lovely to have that one to one time :blue_heart:

3 Likes

What a great memory you’ll both have forever! Jealous!!

2 Likes

What a special summer for your family! I’m really glad you’re doing a report. :blush:

2 Likes

I chose the trip destinations for my two younger girls. I gave the older two a handful of choices and he picked Disney! Lucky me!

7 Likes

It really was just the best. No refereeing all week. Lots more mental space to have actual conversation. It was really nice.

9 Likes

For sure!! Lots of core memories made this summer. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Good! Lol. I’m glad someone will enjoy reading it!

2 Likes

LOVE a mother son trip!!!

2 Likes

How wonderful for you and your kiddos?!
Eyeing that wild boar appetizer at Jiko … :yum::yum::yum:

2 Likes

that’s awesome. :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Man. It’s so good!

2 Likes

Wait. How long were you there? Did we overlap at Riviera? (If you recall we were on the same floor at Beach Club last year!)

2 Likes

Yes, I remember!!

When did y’all get there? We left Saturday.

1 Like

We were there Wednesday to Sunday!!!

2 Likes

Dang! Can’t believe we missed one another!! We were pretty balls-to-the-wall and I barely had time to call my DH and my girls, let alone check the forum! :woman_facepalming:t2: Did you do a TR?

1 Like

I posted periodically on the Epic Liner Meet live thread. There were a bunch of folks you overlapped with but no one else (that I can think of) was at RR.

2 Likes