A Monday in March: WWYD?

Choice of AK or MK for a CL10 Monday next March?

I know the general wisdom is to avoid MK on a Monday… But AK has EMH starting at 8 am (we are staying onsite at AKL) - pick your poison, lol, which would you do?

We’re already doing EP & HS in days prior, as doing a split-stay closer to those parks, otherwise would do one of those :wink:

Would a good touring plan at MK be my best choice here? Fam of 4, last visited in 2016, with DDs 10 & 13 who are game for anything their mom plans, hee hee!

IMHO - It comes down to knowing your family. My family will always pick MK over any other park.

I understand avoiding the EMH park, but I don’t let that influence my choice. A good plan always beats a high CL. Just knowing what & when you want do attractions will put you ahead of 90% of the people in the park who just “show up”.

Just remember - A common misconception about Crowd Levels is that they are an indicator of the number of people in each park. However, they are an indicator of average queue waits at the park.

A CL 1 can feel like a CL 4 in terms of park capacity, but the queues may be moving quickly. Conversely, you can be in a CL 9 park that feels like a CL 5 because the streets aren’t packed. However, all the queues are super long.

If I was staying on site and there were EMH, I would go to that park. Would I stay? Not sure. But I’ld RD the EMHs and get that extra time on the high-demand rides.

Also, any day at MK is going to be busier than any other park. As you said, a good TP will trump crowds.

1 Like

I’d pick MK I think. Because it’s our favorite. But AK feels more crowded to me then any other park.