A lurker’s try at live trip report

Bus all to myself. I know I’m solo but this is weird

21 Likes

Queen of the bus!

4 Likes

So first thing I did was FOP. When I first got off the bus MDE had wait time at 45. By the time I walked in and decided what to do first it was showing 35. Walking to the line it was listed at 15. I literally walked on. Unbelievable. Like I was out of breath by the time I made it to the preshow, I was walking that fast. What a way to start off my trip.

Now onto Navi. Posted at 20

32 Likes

Wow it’s hot but there are no lines! Got here just about noon. So far did FOP, Navi, KS, EE and FOtLK. Had an 3pm ADR for Y&Y. The 2pm FOTLK was over just about 230p, walked right to Y&Y and they immediately sat me. So it’s just 3pm and not sure what to do next. Really getting tired and it’s so hot. Might go back to the room and rest a bit. Thinking Epcot later.

Oh and just for anyone worried about SW, my friend that is also coming for the conference decided to take a 240p flight from Philly today. SW canceled it. I think being on the first nonstop of the day helps out with the chances of no changes. Not sure what he’s going to do but he didn’t have any plans of going to the parks anyway. His meetings start tomorrow where I don’t have to show up until Wednesday.

18 Likes

What a great day so far!

1 Like

AK is my fav park. Sounds like you had a great day so far. I just got my ADR alert for Y&Y so I will be going there too for the 1st time during my trip.

ETA: what did you get to eat? Any foodie pics?

1 Like

What an amazing day!! Any specific plans for EP tonight, or just going where the wind takes you?
SW is making me really nervous. This last minute cancellation stuff is not ok.

I’ve been boycotting trip reports because of … well, you know. The thing.

But I’ve decided to follow this one because solo trips rock.

11 Likes

The food is soooo good at Yak & Yeti, you will love it there! One of my favorites in all the parks.

3 Likes

The VQ is still open at HS. Will most likely be open tomorrow evening too…

6 Likes

Tomorrow I have my morning planned for HS until whatever time I can take the heat so praying for an early BG. I have Boo Bash tickets for tomorrow evening. Really trying to maximize my time as much as I can.

10 Likes

Well I feel honored! I can tell you it’s been amazing so far!

2 Likes

On the bus to EP. The buses, so far, at CSR have been great or I hope it’s just not been luck. Really haven’t had to wait more than a few minutes. I’m not alone on this ride though.

So the meeting I have are for the union I am a member/officer of. It’s a general assembly of all officers from all railroads throughout the country. I will/do know about 7 others that will be attending. I received texts from a couple of them asking what I was up to and probably gonna try to get me to hang out for a drink. They have to catch me fired. No matter what, this is a solo operation, I have way too many plans and waited way to long for this trip. To put it in perspective, these conferences are usually held in Las Vegas. I was probably the only one overjoyed with the change.

12 Likes

No plans at all. Never really have visited like this before and it’s pretty great. Do what I want when I want

9 Likes

That’s the best way! Have fun!

I have lots to report but was just too wiped out last night to do it then. I did set my alarm and got my BG. I had to go outside my room, was only showing 1 bar in my room on my phone and it made me nervous. Amazingly the “join boarding group” is still live right now at 758am. Never saw that before.

21 Likes

So I can take a bit of time now while I’m on the bus to HS to catch up a bit. I will tell you the bus luck is still working. The bus times are showing up on the app but are not right. When walking to the bus stop this morning it was showing next HS bus at 817 so I was just taking my time. My room is a bit of a hike from the bus stop but extremely close to the convention center. Guess I will like that come tomorrow but no so much so far.

So yesterday after AK I was just beat from the heat and getting up at 330am, so I got back to my room around 415p or so. Laid down and turned the TV on, next thing I knew it was 545p. Got freshened up and out the door I went to EP. Had no real plans, just wanted to get some food and drinks(of course). I made my way back to WS. Ok, I know there was construction going on, it was the last time I was there in 2019 but I even got lost this time. Maybe I can blame it on lack of sleep, but I was so turned around. Finally made my way to Mexico. The longest line I saw all day was for the margaritas right outside. I’m not joking, never saw it that long before. Skip the line and went in to ride Fiesta. I will admit, I have not been on the this since they added the Donald Dick theme. Crazy but I miss at the end where the market vendor went through the 3 screens trying to sell you stuff. Not even sure why I remember that.

From Mexico I went over to visit Elsa. This was my first wait of the day. Just around 16 minutes. I know, how could I complain, I swear I’m not. Then it was time to eat. Made my way completely around WS, stopping for bites here and there. I’m horrible with pictures and should have taken some but I did get my favorite, the Italian margarita from the booth in Italy. Stop for a few and listened to the band M-80 at the America pavilion. They were really good.
So like everyone else has said, I really didn’t visit EP if I do not get a slushy in France. I have had it before and really liked it. Was so disappointed with this one, it was gross, probably because it wasn’t frozen, it was barely cold. They shouldn’t have sold it. Threw it away after like 3 sips. What a waste.

16 Likes

UGH!!! I know I’m skipping around but I am so frustrated. I was so proud of myself to actually make rope drop this morning. The taps opened right at 830a and I was about 30 people from the front. Go to tap in and had to go to Guest services. I have one PH and 2 after 5 tickets, well I had 2. It was trying to read the after 5 and had to be prioritized. Then when looking, yesterday when I hopped to EP it took my other after 5. Now in line for Guest relations in a line longer that I was in to tap in

4 Likes

I’m sorry, that’s rubbish! Can you go and have some fun now and sort it out when you leave?

2 Likes

Ugh on the ticket fiasco. Share your story with the CM. Maybe they will give you a special FP.

1 Like