A local wanders the World! A continuous trip report

What a great day! And lots of walking.

2 Likes

I love this and know exactly what you mean! Avenue at Chantilly by Paul Cezanne is the first painting I remember transporting me in this way, I must have visited it 10 times at the National Gallery in London when I studied abroad there in college. Did you buy a postcard print of the Van Gogh?

2 Likes

I did! A small stack of all my favorites. That Cezanne is beautiful!

3 Likes

More airline fun! A month ago our perfect 11:00 am flight home was changed to 7am! If I’d been thinking straight I would have booked a hotel near the airport for our last night. Got up at 3:30 am, got ready, grabbed my phone and notice a message that flight is delayed to 9am. Back in bed in our clothes for a nap. Now we are sitting at the airport 25 minutes past the time we were scheduled to board. They just announced we are waiting for the pilot!!?!? :roll_eyes::rage:

4 Likes

Ugh sorry.

1 Like

Sorry. Airline travel sucks these days.

2 Likes

Delayed again but started boarding now. I was thinking it was going to be the original 11am flight by the time we got on! :joy: next vacation might be a closer road trip!

3 Likes

We were literally the last people on the plane. Except the pilot, still not here :roll_eyes:

1 Like

They put you all in the plane but have nobody to fly it?! Wow!

1 Like

Yeah crazy right?! He just got here and was apologizing over the speaker. DH said “shut up and start flying!” :joy:

1 Like

No pilot?!? That’s crazy.

1 Like

Ok I’m all recovered from vacation and super excited for our GOTG preview tomorrow!! I have been avoiding any discussions of it because I want to know as little as possible.

This means I’m going in without my usual liner knowledge. Anyone want to share any info on how long waits have been and if they are letting you ride more than once?

It’s hard trying to plan dinner with the 6:30 pm time I chose! DH has to work so we won’t leave the house until about 4:00. Maybe just grab festival food for while we are in line?:woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Hit and miss on whether you can ride once or as much as you like it seems. It might depend on any downtime they’ve had.

Thanks, that seems to be the consensus on chat as well. Everyone send pixie dust that we are lucky tonight please! :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

:sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles:

Closest I’ve got to pixie dust.

2 Likes

I’m so excited for tonight! I have really been looking forward to this one. After Disney Marvel (and any superheroes really) is my most favorite thing! It was odd to come here after being DLR natives for most of our lives and not really having any Marvel connections in the parks like there are in DLR. I know that with the UOA deal I will never see my beloved Thor in a WDW park but Guardians are the next best thing!

I’ve got some cast member gifts ready to hand out as well. This one might be one of my favorites so far.

Back in October of 2019 DD and I got this photo op taken. We had only lived here about a month at the time and were in a rental still house hunting. We sent it do DH and told him the Guardians ride opened early, HE BELIEVED US!! If we get the chance to ride more than once tonight and can figure out where the camera is we will try to recreate it. :grinning:

I will do a little reporting but it won’t be a long trip. Some food, (the gingerbread cookie in Germany is calling my name) a drink (I’m looking at you Japan) a ride (hopefully more than once and not the 1 song I don’t want to get!) and maybe Harmonious.

9 Likes

I love it! I hope you are able to recreate.

5 Likes

We are here!

8 Likes

Tried Connections tonight. I thought it was pretty good for QS. Granted I probably won’t eat here very often because Epcot, but it was close to GOTG and we were hungry. The Cucumber and Thai basil cooler was delicious! I could see popping in just for that and a seat in AC.

Now it is raining so we are just waiting until our preview time so we don’t have to spend too much time in the weather.

7 Likes

There was no line when we got here now we are here.

This doesn’t give me hope of riding more than once :frowning:

5 Likes