A little good news from EPCOT - Pictures of the New Entrance Fountain Update

I think I saw in one article that they were recreations of the originals.

UPDATE:

Re-reading the text from Zach Riddley’s Instagram post says design was inspired from original.

I’m excited to share a first look at the pylons we installed last night as we continue to reimagine the EPCOT main entrance fountain, which has anchored this area since the park opened in 1982. Our design team took special interest in looking back to the original geometry for inspiration and infusing new features with a little bit of added magic to bridge the past, present and future of EPCOT . These majestic pylons also draw your eye upward toward the sky and perfectly frame views of the iconic Spaceship Earth attraction. I can’t wait to reveal the completed look for this fountain later this year!

3 Likes

My thought, too. But maybe the addition of the actual water/light will make it more impressive. Here’s hoping.

I have to decide if it’s worth walking down to see, since we always enter through the IG. I’m pretty lazy.

1 Like

I was thinking wait - didn’t they used to be there? They were part of some of the early park graphics

1 Like

4 Likes

If they keep any shrubbery at the base trimmed it will look bigger. :wink:

6 Likes

FACELESS!!!

Where were you earlier? I had to “TWSS” myself

3 Likes

It reminds me of this:

300px-Purdue_Engineering_Fountain

1 Like

whassat?

1 Like

Sorry

The Purdue Engineering fountain

CORRECT!

I wasn’t sure if you’d know that or not! Good job!

1 Like

Where are the mods on this one?!?!?! :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Sitting here killing myself laughing!

3 Likes