A few photos from our short Daddy/Daughter trip

Just a few Memory Maker photos from our trip I’d thought I’d share. Didn’t do a trip report but I’ll add some comments here in the next few days in regards to our experience. We flew in last night and both of us had to work today so not much time to even unpack yet. But downloaded the photos and just wanted to share.

32 Likes

Yay!! Love seeing your reports (and that shirt!!)

2 Likes

I think this is a different daughter than last trip? I’ve been thinking about the other daughter and her job interview. I hope she has found something wonderful by now! And if not, that she’s keeping her spirits up!

5 Likes

Wow I have never seen photos posted here that way! I love the Minnie ones! That tree of life magic shot is amazing!

3 Likes

Yes different daughter. We have 2 that are 15 years apart (32 & 17). Oops!! Lol. Last trip was DD32 & she decided not to accept the offer and ended up opening up her own practice (Social Worker). Smart move on her part as she does the exact same thing but instead of getting paid a fraction per hour she can now bill the insurance companies directly and get the full amount.

10 Likes

Thanks, my collection of Disney themed shirts is definitely growing. I think I’m up to 20 or so shirts now. I try and wear a couple different ones each day when we are down. Everytime we go back to the room for a midday break I put a different one on after pool, shower and a quick nap. I feel much more refreshed.

7 Likes

Good for her! I’m happy to hear she’s doing well. :grin:

2 Likes

Mini trip report:

Who: DD17 and Dad

When: 5/18-5/21

Where: All Star Movies

Arrival Day: 5/18

Arrived MCO @4:45pm on 5/18. On DME 4:55 (2nd group to board). Had to wait for bus to fill and didn’t depart til 5:22pm. They spaced every other row. 1st stop POP @ 5:52pm. 2nd stop, POP again @ 5:58pm because a couple forgot to get off the bus. :roll_eyes: So as we exited the property the bus driver turned around to drop them off. 2nd stop CBR@ 6:05pm, 3rd stop CSR @6:12pm, final stop ASMo @6:22pm. Arrived at our room @ 6:36pm (so overall about 2 hours from touchdown til we got to our room) not good, not bad, just OK. I wanted to use ride share but DD17 was adamant about getting to use DME one last time. We had no plans other than an ADR @ Raglan Road at 9:30pm. So we unpacked, hit the pool for a few, and went back to room to get ready.

Grabbed a bus to DS from ASMo. Had time to hit Amorette’s for some take home dessert :+1: and Earl of Sandwich for some take home sandwiches for midday break the next day. Also hit the pin store. Arrived at RR @ 9:25pm. Checked in and were told to wait for a text. After 15 minutes and no text I checked back in and they told us to enter and stand on green dot. (No green dot) so we stood around for a few minutes until I went back outside and told them there’s no green dot. Finally seated at 9:45pm. Worst table in the house. Behind a half wall so you couldn’t see stage without standing up. Also right next to the entrance where it seemed everyone gathered to within 1’ of our table to see the floor show. Server came right away (within 5 minutes) and gave us water. We knew what we wanted so we gave him our order right then. We saw him again about 15 minutes later when he brought us bread and said he’d be right back to refill our waters. Next time we saw him was 30 minutes later. No water, no food. I did complain but nicely. I told him that we had checked in an hour ago and that we still didn’t have our food or even a refill of our water. He pushed back and said, “don’t exaggerate sir, you haven’t been here for an hour”. He then went on to tell me there was a back-up in the kitchen. I said that’s all fine and good but it doesn’t justify why I couldn’t even get a water refill or that there wasn’t even an attempt to communicate the back-up. I didn’t appreciate the pushback so I simply asked for the check and was content on eating our EoS back at the room. 5 minutes later he returned with the food and a new attitude. I got the Fish n Chips and it was bad. Couldn’t cut it with a fork, needed a knife and it was pasty in texture. DD got the burger and it was good so we shared that. A manager came by and noticed I barely touched my fish. I explained what had happened and she apologized and said she would remove the fish from the bill. 5 minutes later she returned and said the entire meal was comped. RR was a special surprise for DD, as a musician herself she enjoyed the entertainment, and her burger was good. But this was our 2nd trip there and the first one wasn’t so great either. I will not be returning there anytime soon.

Not a great way to start the trip but we got back to the room and I nibbled on my EoS holiday turkey sandwich :smile:. Next day we had an APR to RD AK and we wanted to be rested up so we called it a night. Our plan was to be at the bus stop at 6:30am. Wasn’t sure how the bus situation was going to work on this trip. In the past I’ve relied on rental car or ride share as bus’ were not very reliable.

5 Likes

14 Likes

I have always loved Raglan but I swear you had the same waiter I had on my last visit there. I know the table. I had that too.

Edited to add: was the waiter’s name Michael?

1 Like

That is a stinky RR experience. Glad they comped you. Wish they hadn’t needed to.

1 Like

I love these pics. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

5/19 (1st full day)

At the bus stop at 6:25am. 2nd group in line for AK bus. A few more in the MK bus line. 1st MK bus arrived first (big double bus) and MK line was building. Our bus arrived around 6:45am but director had them circle around. Came back and we started loading around 6:50am. Bus director informed us that since MK was further away they were allowed to load and leave earlier. She has been instructed to not allow buses to reach parks more than 1 hour before posted open. Thus the reason she had the AK bus circle around. Anyway, loaded at 6:50am, at the toll booth at 6:59, (didn’t use dedicated bus lane) through the tolls around 7:04, and dropped us off by the ride share area. Pretty close to the entrance so no complaints. We were done with FOP and NRJ by 8:40am. Stopped for some pictures, went to KS but line was too long so we opted for EEx2, then back to tree of life to see the bird show. More pics, then to KRR, then ITTBAB. I instructed DD17 to visit one of the wilderness explorer booths as I used the restroom. To my surprise she was excited about the book and collecting the stickers so we walked around to the different stops and collected the stickers. To surprise me even further while we were walking to the booths she reached out and held my hand :sob:. Brought a tear to my eye but I blamed it on the sweat :wink:.

Since we had done all the attractions on our list we decided to walk in to Y&Y with the Landry’s card around 11:15. Told us it was about a 20-30 min wait. Hit a couple more Wilderness explorers booths, a couple more pics and got the text. We had the best meal we’ve ever had on property. Our waiter, “Juan” was outstanding. Food was amazing. Definitely made up for the RR experience. We had 3 apps (egg rolls, pot stickers, and firecracker shrimp) and we split the Kobe burger. Everything was absolutely delicious.

Hopped out of the park around 1pm, grabbed an Uber back to ASMo. Swim, shower, nap and caught the bus to MK and was walking down Main St. by 5pm. Stopped for lots of pics, BTMRR, CBJ, Tiki room, PoC, and ended the evening with our favorite ride SPLASHx2. Caught the bus back to ASMo, and had a late dinner (our Earl of Sandwiches and Amorette’s Mickey Mousse’)

13 Likes

14 Likes

8 Likes

8 Likes

:heart::heart::heart:

5 Likes

9 Likes

10 Likes

5 Likes