A Different Take

1 Like

I mean, I guess I hope it does change us in some good ways on a permanent basis

But dang. I’m not sure if I can sign on to it being part of a plan, initiation, whatever you want to call it.

Still, thanks for sharing. It is a beautiful piece even if I struggle to buy in completely

3 Likes

Three days in I have already said the time with my daughter and husband is clearly going to be precious and possibly change our way of doing things. But the cost is likely to be too high.

2 Likes

I agree. It’s a little much for me too, but I do like the idea of being able to maybe come out on the other side of this better.

2 Likes

Also, was just thinking, should this be in La Cava instead?

If someone knows how to move it that would be fine with me. I didn’t intend for this to be controversial or anything. Just a different perspective on the good that may come from this whole experience. Sorry!

Most of the forum’s activity in the last few days should probably go in La Cava, but who cares. There are no live reports anymore, no real Disney news, I mean does Disney even matter anymore? sorry, just feeling down…

3 Likes

:cry:

You can move it to LaCava if you want by editing your original post. I could also do it for you but I agree, we haven’t asked anything to move at this point.

4 Likes

I was just going to say the same.

4 Likes

Nature always wins. Nature likes balance. Right now the world is horribly out of balance. People are freaking out about global warming. Long before “coastal cities are underwater” the planet will not have the resources left to support the (human) population growth. Dan Brown’s “Inferno” (the book, not the movie which really missed the mark) deals with this whole topic, and although it’s a work of fiction, the science behind it is solid. As grim as this sounds, this virus (an probably many others) may well be nature’s way to thin the population in an attempt to restore balance. The hubris of man makes us think we are the “masters of the world” and the most important thing in it. To the planetary ecosystem we are just another species in the food chain - and one that has gone completely out of control.

3 Likes

Did you see how beautiful the water around Venice looked? I know, looking for a silver lining… but it sure looked nice and sparkly!!

3 Likes

Yes, I think I’ve read reports about the smog in China clearing up too. We’re rough on this planet. And ourselves!!

1 Like

100% agree with your thoughts.

Tried finding Inferno (movie) on our ‘on-demand’ channel yesterday. No success - probably removed to not feed the panic in population. Movie completely missed the point made in the book however.