A Chip ('n Dale) Off the Old Block: A Father/Son, Semi-Live Trip Report

This almost makes me want to wake up at 6am on vacation. Were these all standby waits?

8 Likes

No, we are utilizing Genie+. Three of those rides were standby.

6 Likes

I love those poptarts!

3 Likes

Which of the LLs did you book at 7?

2 Likes

The banana peanut butter one was good. I didn’t like the others. And the pastry is way too thick in all of them.

3 Likes

First time at Sci-Fi! Really good burger.

15 Likes

Have a great time. Thanks for doing a TR

3 Likes

We booked SDD for 11am and then RD’d MMRR. We then did standby for SDD because the wait was low.

8 Likes

That is awesome!

2 Likes

13 Likes

How fun!! Looking forward to following along!

3 Likes

Low wait for SDD…unheard of, but glad it worked out for you

7 Likes

Post-lunch, we hit up SDD and TSM again. We then checked out LMRA for the first time. That’s a fun little show.

We did a little shopping and then went back to the resort. We are about to head out for a competitive game of mini golf at Winter Summerland!

I could use some help for dinner plans. Any recommendation for a non-park QS? We are thinking about going to Wilderness Lodge tonight. Thoughts?

10 Likes

It’s cute! We finally did it ourselves in April. Had some time to kill while waiting for something else. Wouldn’t go out of my way at my kids’ ages to see it, but glad we got to see it and the little set would love it!

If you’re going to WL check out Geyser Point!

5 Likes

Agreed. It’a not something I’d go out of my way to see.

Thanks for the recommendation.

3 Likes

Agree with Geyser Point at WL. Other recommendations are Captain Cooks at Polynesian or that one at Caribbean Beach. You could ride the skyliner around there too.

5 Likes

Wilderness Lodge and Geyser Point is a great idea.

If you end up in the Boardwalk area for whatever reason, I love the Pizza Window. It can take 20 minutes for your pizza to be ready, even if you are there at a slow time, so order early before checking out other things.

4 Likes

Also a solid recommendation for true QS but with some ambience. And depending on the hour, BW entertainment can be a lot of fun to take in

4 Likes

Can’t wait to hear what you think of this!

By the way, what a great first day. Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

That is fabulous!!! WTG!!!

2 Likes