A Chip ('n Dale) Off the Old Block: A Father/Son, Semi-Live Trip Report

A Chip ('n Dale) Off the Old Block Trip Report

After several visits to WDW, it’s time to attempt my first trip report. Here is the overview:

Who: My DS13 and me
What: HS, MK, and EP
Where: Pop Century
When: 10/24 - 10/28
Why: Celebrating my first child becoming a teenager

My disclaimer: I do my best to stay present and off my phone while at WDW, but touring with a now teenager, I imagine I will have some time while DS is on his phone. There are some awesome trip reporters out there and I won’t be one of those. At best, it will be a semi-live report. But I know how much joy other trip reports bring me, so this is my attempt to give back!

Day 1: Travel and Check-In

We kicked off our trip this morning at 6am with an uneventful 11-hour drive from Tennessee. We got our room assignment about 30 minutes out and it was not close at all to our TP room request. We want to the Pop lobby to see if we could get a room closer to what we were hoping for. We turned the corner and were greeted by a dozen cast members dancing to “Thriller!”

I snapped a quick video of the choreography: [Pop Century Thriller Dancing on Vimeo]

After enjoying the show, we got a super helpful CM that got us a room pretty close to what we originally hoped for. We checked in and my DS decided to pick out our dinner for tonight: Chicken Guy at Disney Springs. After a few quick “chicken dips,” we checked out the Lego Store and World of Disney.

We’re now settled in and ready to get up early to rope drop HS. Looking forward to day 2!

44 Likes

Yay!! I love trip reports.
You made it in 11 hours from Nashville? That’s amazing. So no traffic?

5 Likes

A+ on your trip report title. Hope you guys have a blast!

9 Likes

The drive was perfect. We had two spots where we slowed down, but barely any traffic at all. We could have made it in 10.5 hours, but we stopped an extra time or two to stretch our legs.

13 Likes

That is seriously amazing. I’m jealous. Well not really. I hate driving. :joy:

6 Likes

Yay! Glad you had a successful first day. That Thriller dance is freaking amazing!

6 Likes

Such a fun idea to do a father-son trip! I want to do one of these with each of my kids at some point! … For them, of course. :joy:

Have a great time!

17 Likes

Of course, it’s all for them…

And since DS13 has two younger siblings, I have at least two guaranteed WDW trips in my future!

18 Likes

Have a wonderful time!!

3 Likes

A trip report doesn’t need to be live to be awesome! What a welcome! Have a great time at HS today.

9 Likes

Have a great trip!

3 Likes

Hooray!!

3 Likes

Have fun today!

2 Likes

Day 2: HS

On our way to RD HS. The Skyliner at POP was a walk on at 7:10am.

18 Likes

The RD crowd:

14 Likes

Following! Excited for you.

2 Likes

That’s just disney math

5 Likes

Chicken Guy! My DD19 loves that place! Have fun today!

6 Likes

Noon Update

Our EE paid off. We’ve rode MMRR, SDD, TSM, ASS, and ROTR.

And ate some of our favs: Raspberry Poptart, Breakfast Ronto Wrap, and Tataooine Sunset.

19 Likes

It’s the best kind of math.

3 Likes