'A Celebration of Festival of the Lion King' to open mid-May 2021 at Disney's Animal Kingdom

Walt Disney World President Jeff Vahle has today announced that ‘A Celebration of Festival of the Lion King’ will open in mid-May 2021

Jeff posted pictures inside the theater where preparations are underway for the return of the show.

Link to WDW Magic Story

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/festival-of-the-lion-king/news/19apr2021-a-celebration-of-festival-of-the-lion-king-to-open-next-month-at-disneys-animal-kingdom.htm

Link to Jeff Vahle Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN2oiUinHJC/

13 Likes

No hope for FOLK dining packages?

Article says, :“The show itself will also see some modifications to assist with performer safety and will be reduced in length.” So definitely not the regular show.

My DD19 will be over the moon!! We go in June! :purple_heart::purple_heart:

Not the same without the tumbling monkeys

5 Likes

Hooray!!!

1 Like

Baby Steps, people, baby steps!

Hopefully, this will give WDW some practical info on show operations with Covid protocols in place which could lead to more shows re-opening.

6 Likes

WHAT DOES MID-MAY MEAN???

And, is there any remote possibility in anyone’s mind that May 9th would qualify as “mid-month”? Asking for a friend.

4 Likes

Oh yay, so it should be running by Memorial Day! Now to figure out how to ensure we get a seat.

4 Likes

I think after the first week is considered mid May so 9>7 counts in my book.

2 Likes

I was just scrolling down to say god freaking forbid that they announce an actual date for people.

3 Likes

Happy to see that it will be back soon! Excited to see it on our End of May trip!

Not really sure why say Mid-May and not give a date…

Just looking at the calendar, May 9th is a Sunday.

WDW often starts/opens a “new” attraction/feature on a weekday.

My WAG, the opening is going to be in between Monday, May 10th, and Friday, May 21st.

I’m excited it will be back for the following reasons, in order of importance to me:

1. Cast members! Especially the actors who have been out of work for so long.
  2. Draw crowds away from other attractions!
  3. Maybe we’ll watch if there’s not huge waits
4 Likes

great!!

I’m hoping mid-May means May 10th (or sooner)!

2 Likes

How about May 2??? haha

1 Like

I’m pretty sure anything from May 2 to May 30 counts!

3 Likes

Yay!!! Ok. So how early will I have to get up to score tickets lol​:tada::tada::tada:

Today!!!

7 Likes