A bunch of random questions

That’s kind of how I’m feeling about it. Especially with FOP’s minimal experience time exceeding 20 minutes. Although to @sanstitre_has_left_the_building’s point it’s likely the only way I’ll have a chance to experience the SB queue.

I read through a review of the event over on Easy WDW the other day and the show looked like it would be a fun experience. Plus, paying $115 for one person to get in seems like a steal after buying 7 DAH tickets last year. I feel like this will be a theme for a solo trip - it’s just me…why not!

It’s also running until midnight, not 1 am, so hopefully it doesn’t completely kill my energy for the next day. Did you just sleep as long as you needed the following day? Did it ruin your ability to enjoy the next day in the parks or were you completely gassed? I haven’t voluntarily stayed awake after midnight in about a decade. :laughing:

A win for me. But not for someone who wants to be near the main building

1 Like

Agreed.

If you needed more milk or some bagels for breakfast it might be a pain to have that longer walk to the Carriage House. I’m not sure if there’s anywhere in DS where you can get those basic grocery items.

Is that why you recommend the Springs @dianelynn? More central?

Although I’d likely place a small Prime order for those types of food and just pay the charge to have them bring it to me. Or do I have to pick it up from the front desk now?

Clearly I am entirely blameless. I have not posted a trip report. I’ll just enjoy the schadenfreude while the rest of you wrestle with your guilt.

1 Like

Since you replied to me but tagged @dianelynn, I’ll answer anyway!

I don’t tend to worry about where we end up. If I need to walk 15 minutes to the store, I’d make the most of it and head to the Turf Club Lounge for a drink or two! And we do tend to use the store to stock up on milk and other items. We may make a trip to Publix once a week for a proper shop, but if we need more bread or snacks we just use the resort store. So if the boys decided they wanted to be nearer to DS then I’d be quite happy.

That said, my preference would be to be nearer the Carriage House so we can get to the main pool and Turf Club more easily.

1 Like

I like how you think!! Since this will be my first solo trip I DO plan on spending a fair amount of time in lounges enjoying a drink or two! :wink::partying_face:

2 Likes

Yes! We like the Springs for it’s close proximity to the carriage house and amenities.

My solo trip is morphing into an adults only trip. My DH (who said he’d never want to go to WDW without the kids) wants to come! I’m so pumped!!

Anything you guys love doing in the world with your significant other?

3 Likes

Robe drop.
Visit restaurants and lounges they wouldn’t/couldn’t go to
Special DAH or something

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I was about to post something along the lines of “some time alone in the room”, but that seems redundant now.:wink:

3 Likes

This is perhaps the reason DH decided to come along… :smirk:

3 Likes

In July 2018 I did a half solo/half couple trip. I flew in Wednesday morning & toured through Friday. DH flew in Friday after work & we had a late dinner, did EMH that night. Next day toured in AM, napped, did MK AFter Hours. The finished up with California Grill brunch before flying home. It was a lot of fun.

1 Like