A Bunch of Miscellaneous Questions- Part III

:joy::joy::joy:

I’m sure some kids do run, but I think a lot are scared of the crowds and like having their safe stroller to stay in.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly.

This particular two year old, when crossed - which isn’t to say he’s a bad kid - he’s two, has a habit of dropping to the ground and flinging himself backwards. Right on his head. Just last week, while watching this exercise I thought that would come back to bite him.

Sure enough, yesterday I hear he did that at his mom’s house, flinging the back of his head right onto a rock.

Off he went to the hospital. Idk how a 2 yr old has knowledge of staples but apparently it was decided, after the staple reaction, to glue the short gash shut.

It’ll be interesting to see if the flinging is still a thing . . . :roll_eyes:

OMG. The poor wee thing. Hope he’s OK. :pleading_face::heart:

He was fine before he went to the hospital. He’s tough. He’s got 3 older sisters. :grin:

The gash was in the back of his head. I’m not sure he knew he was hurt. I mean, for a minute he did. But he was laughing and trying to run around before going to the hospital. Even superficial head injuries can look scary, especially to moms.

I really do hope it’s sore for a couple of days. He does need to quit flinging himself backwards. I sometimes don’t know how, we as humans, ever lasted this long as accident prone as some of us seem to be (thinking of this little one’s great grandpa). :roll_eyes:

Omg, I just realized that this little guy’s dad is the one who bolted from his stroller every chance he got, as a 2 year old. It’s been a minute from that 2 year old to this one - I had lost track. :blush:

3 Likes

Any chance the hotels have iced coffee that we could use the soda/mug refills for? That would help with my decision.

I’m glad he’s ok! It’s kind of funny that he’s the bolter’s son. I share your amazement that humans are such a persistent species when we have such a long, accident-prone childhood where it’s sometimes only parental awareness of danger that keeps everyone in one piece.

@yeahtoast if they have ice at the stations you could make your own but I’m not sure if they do.

Absolutely.

Idk where I got the idea from (I know it’s not my own) but it’s worked well with the adventurous ones. “When you get hurt doing that, you won’t be allowed to do it again”.

“That” being whatever safety questionable choice currently being employed.

I can’t recall ever bringing a kid to emergency or urgent care for an injury due to poor choices.

My parents never said that but I can sure hear Peggy Cleary saying something like it.

1 Like

I like that line! I’ve only had one emergency/urgent care visit for daredevilness… daredeviltry? Anyway, DS11 has always liked to climb trees and had a rough landing at age 6 that warranted checking out – everything was fine but it scared him enough that he developed a bit more caution. Both my kids have had a split forehead that needed stitches or glue from random collisions, both times when DH was out of town on a business trip. We seem to be past that phase – I’m knocking on wood!

Hopefully you are !

The bolter at about that age thought it was a sensible idea to bring his sled up into an evergreen tree after a heavy snow. The plan was to sled out and down on the snowy branches.

I was blissfully ignorantly walking by this beautiful snowy tree when it spoke to me in a small trembly voice: help.

And there above my head was the bolter, thinking better of his choices but unsure how to undo. I had to laugh.

Once I got the sled from him he was ok to climb down.

2 Likes

Yikes/OMG/literally LOL at the talking, quietly panicked tree.

1 Like

I forgot that my now 6yo was a belter when he was 2. This thread brought back some memories.

1. Miscellaneous - squiggly line says no, I can’t. Right click says I never had to admit it.

2. It is the Big Blue Pool.

3. For us it was. We got two and shared. Moral gray area be damned. Actually I didn’t realize the things were time limited and most of the time the kids meals came with juice or water so we didn’t share that much.

4. I’m a huge morning coffee fiend but I couldn’t wait for park arrival to get my fix. I included Starbucks Double Shot Espresso’s in our Amazon order. Had one of those while getting ready. Followed with a coffee on the way to the bus and was all caffeinated up once we hit the parks.

5. I bought a bunch of stickers and had a pack in my bag each day. The idea was for the kids to hand them out. Made for some cute moments. Other than that, I highly recommend bringing snacks. My kids are snackers vs meal eaters. Normally I’d care but not at Disney. I brought goldfish and a mini can of Pringles (refilled from a larger can).

1 Like

This thread also finally reminded me that in line I tend to ask what made you happy yesterday - or today - this morning. Discussing what we’ve done and possibly helping put short term memories into long term storage. We’ve had some interesting conversations among family members as we find out what everyone’s like and dislikes are.

3 Likes

You can make your own by pouring it over ice, I suppose. Im not much into iced coffee. Or, you could make it the night before and put in your refrigerator overnight.