A Bug's Life is tired and irrelevant and should be blown out with sticks of dynamite

Along with the entirety of Dinoland USA

1 Like

Anything nice to say about WDW?

3 Likes

No.

Well okay then!

:flushed: I like A Bugs :bug: Life. We go every time and squirm and laugh every time too

7 Likes

You bitch about a bug’s life but when they took out the Great Movie Ride very few complained . Now you got a cartoon mouse’s ride. BUMMER!

Yeah. We have done MMRR twice now.

I already miss The Great Movie Ride. To me, it was a huge misstep. The whole new ride concept just doesn’t make sense. But it is new, so it will draw in the crowds for a while. So there’s that, at least.

1 Like

You’re wrong about Dinosaur ride. But the preshow could use an update. The ride itself is awesome. I think Bugs Life is cute still too. The electric water pageant isn’t terrible but the music is pretty hokey.

3 Likes

I still enjoy the Bugs’ Life show, but given the location of the theater they could maybe come up with something more relevant to the park as a whole. With Primeval Whirl gone, that whole portion of Dinoland needs to be reimagined. Dinosaur is a cool ride, and one of the few in AKL, and the boneyard is an excellent play area. Now if they decided to gut Dinosaur and replace it with an Indiana Jones clone from DL, and convert the whole area into an archeology-themed land, I wouldn’t complain.

7 Likes

Definitely agree but I do still enjoy the different aspect of the dinos also. I go equally to Cali and FL since I’m halfway b/w so it’s nice the diffs too but Indy is the better version.

2 Likes

I enjoy a Bug’s Life, but understand it is not for everyone. There are probably attractions that you like, but I don’t like. Instead of removing attractions, isn’t the better plan to leave the current attractions in place and spend the money on adding new attractions? If hundreds of people are in the theater for a Bug’s Life, then that is less people waiting in line for some of your favorite attractions.

5 Likes

I get it.
Indiana Jones and Dinosaur are mechanically similar rides.
And Indiana Jones is a great IP.

But Dinos fit AK.
'Cuz they’re animals.
And they’re cooler in the [audioanimatronic] flesh than just as bones to excavate.

So tell Dr. Jones he can find his fortune and glory in Adventure Land.
And let the dinos roam in AK.

2 Likes

My wish for Dinosaur is that Disney go back to the original effects that were removed or tamed down over the years to make the ride less intense.

2 Likes

Maybe as a Disney+/NatGeo tie-in we could have Jeff Goldblum do the pre-show.

4 Likes

Remember when The Great Movie Ride had the Alien coming out of the ceiling and his teeth coming out very close to your face. To scary for kids I guess but I loved it. Also remember the Haunted Mansion and the stairs moving back and forth kind of like in the Harry Potter Movies. Loved that too but here again the tamed the whole ride down. Kids really don’t care as it is a everday occurance to them but adults are the one’s that seem to love WDW the most.

4 Likes

Yup. The Great Movie Ride will be missed!

3 Likes

6 Likes

I guess everyone has rides they hate that others love. My family loved A Bug’s Life, especially my daughters who were 7 and 21 at the time. My younger daughter still talks about it, over a year later. My older daughter used to watch the movie when she was little, so it was nostalgic for her.
We didn’t care for Jungle Cruise. Our skipper was boring and we could hardly hear him over the boat anyway. As far as Dinoland USA, we didn’t spend much time there, so I don’t really have a strong opinion about it either way.

Our skipper totally ignored the plain view of a woman in the next boat having slipped and lying fallen on the deck. I know, Disney denial and all that, but we could see her and it was a little callous not to acknowledge this. She was helped up and seemed okay. What was the right thing to do, do you think?

No idea if this is true as it’s second hand but a teacher of my son’s once told me his friend had been a driver for Kilimanjaro Safaris and was trained if someone fell off in the hippo area to skedaddle as fast as possible out of there so guests wouldn’t see what the hippos would do to the person?!?!

1 Like