9/27 - 10/3 Trip Plan. Thoughts Appreciated

My Magic Band arrived yesterday afternoon. This trip is feeling more and more real! I’m hoping that you guys can look over my plans and tell me what you think.

Sun 9/27: Arrive MCO 10 AM, ME to Pop. Check in, go to HS. FPs at HS. TSMM 2:15 - 3:15, Star Tours 3:25 - 4:25, ToT 4:40 - 5:40. 6:15 ADR at HBD. Also hoping to get on GMR and RnRC After dinner, book it to Epcot for Illuminations. Return to Pop, pass out.

Mon 9/28: RD at Epcot. Be at bus stop by 8. Goal is to do Soarin’, SOAT, TT & MS by 11. Will use single rider line for TT. After those attractions, head to WS for F&W. Depending on how I feel, either a nap/break at Pop or directly to MK. FPs at MK. Splash 5:05 - 6:05, HM 6:05 - 7:05, 7DMT 7:05 - 8:05. Grab a snack and find a viewing spot for Wishes after 7DMT. Return to Pop, pass out.

Tues 9/29: 8:00 ADR at BoG. Be at bus stop by 7, or Uber to Contemporary if I’m worried about timing. Hoping to do 7DMT again this morning, and knock out a lot of FL. Dole Whip meet at Noon, lower-line attractions. Leave MK for HS. FPs at HS. ToT 3:50 - 4:50, ST 4:50 - 5:50 TSMM 5:50 - 6:50. Leave HS for GF, 8:15 ADR at Citricos. Uber to Pop, pass out.

Wed 9/30: 8:00 Wild Africa Trek!! Be at bus stop by 7. After Trek use FPs. EE 11:40 - 12:40, KRR 12:55 -1:55. Back to Pop to change, Uber to GF. 3:55 ADR at Garden View Tea Room. Bus from GF to DTD. Shop! Boat from DTD to POR. Yeeha Bob. Uber to Pop, pass out. (Note: Yes, only 2 FPs; couldn’t make it work any other way, 3rd is early in the day while I’m on the tour).

Thurs 10/1: AM EMH RD at MK. Be at bus stop by 7. Welcome Show! No strict TP for this morning. PP FP 10:00 - 11:00, BTMRR 11:05 -12:05. BoG ADR 1:00. Splash FP 1:45 - 2:45. After Splash, find a spot for FoF parade. Doesn’t need to be perfect, I am not going to stress too much about that, but seeing it is important to me. After Parade, monorail to EP. F&W, shows. Leave slightly before start of Illuminations in an effort to avoid some crowds. Back to Pop, pass out.

Fri 10/2: AM EMH RD at AK. Lots of EE, FOTLK, FoW, Finding Nemo. Probably no KS, as I’ll have dinner a lot of time there on Wednesday. After AK, head to Epcot. FPs at EP. SE 2:30 - 3:30, Character Spot 3:30 - 4:30, Soarin’ 4:50 - 5:50. Maybe go back to Pop briefly, maybe not. 8:35 ADR at Jiko, hoping to sit at Chef’s Counter. After dinner, uber to Pop. Pass out.

Sat 10/3: DestiNATIONS Tour! Arrive at Epcot by 8:45, tour 9:30 - 2. Back to Pop, nap. Head to MK, FPs. 6:35 - 7:05 PotC, 7:40 to 8:40 7DMT, 9:35 - 9:55 Wishes. Wishes FP subject to change if I am successful in seeing it on Monday. Stay at MK for PM EMH (ending at midnight). Back to Pop, pass out.

Sun 10/4: Last Day. Uber to Poly for 7:30 Kona ADR. Monorail to Epcot. FP SE 9:05 - 10:05, MS 10:15 - 11:15, Soarin’ 11:30 - 12:30. Last chance for F&W. Back to Pop, ME leaves at 4:30ish, flight at 7:30. Land in Syracuse at 10:30ish, hopefully home by 11:30. Crawl into my own bed, pass out.

I’m taking the 5th off from work so that I can sleep all day. I will need it!

It’s a packed week, I know. It’s also my first trip in almost 3 years, and I’m not sure I’ll be back before 2018, so I really want to make the most of it. I’m aware that I’ll need to be flexible and adaptable, and I’m not going to deny myself a nap if I need it, even if it means missing a FP. I’m a little overwhelmed just reading my plans, but I’m pretty sure I can pull it off and have an incredible trip. What do you guys think? Suggestions are welcome!

9 Likes

Awesome plans!! You have a great attitude. I love that you have your FPPs and a general plan, but you’re flexible enough to allow for nap. I’m so excited for you. I really want to do the GF tea with my DD. Great idea to take the next day off when you get back.

Ha! So true!!

4 Likes

I think that looks like a good plan. Not very rushed yet getting lots done. I’m interested to hear about the Wild Africa Trek. We’ve been trying to get the Night Safari at AKL for a while but no openings.

2 Likes

Hi! So exciting. I had a thought on this. We asked the concierge at YC when the early dining bus arrived at YC for our pre-RD ADRS. They called the bus folks for our route and were told that it arrived at YC at 6:50 am. And it did! Worked like a charm. Maybe check with POP on the same?

3 Likes

This all looks awesome!!! You will have a blast, I’m certain. Can’t wait to hear your take on Citricos, Jiko, and F&W. (Is it creepy that I’m excited to see a few trip pics through our Memory Maker share?! :wink:)

Also, on our anniversary trip, we arrived at MK just as FoF was happening. We hadn’t even been sure we’d see it, and I didn’t think it was a big deal… but it was so wonderful! Happy tears welled up in my eyes as I watched. :smile:

7 Likes

That makes me creepy too if that’s the case. Looking forward to seeing everyone’s pictures.

5 Likes

I think it looks great! You know what’s important to you and everything else is a bonus.

3 Likes

@scrapper1617, I’m sure I’ll sleep well during this trip!

@mdcorbitt, I promise a full review of the trek. I’m very excited about it, I’ve only heard good reviews.

@BearsMom2011, I’ll check with Pop about that! It’d also be good for the Wild Africa Trek Day.

@Sally_Carrera, Both of the restaurants are new to me, and this is my first time at F&W. I’m really excited about trying some new stuff! And no, not creepy at all.

@missoverexcited, Exactly! I’m going into it aware that there’s no way I can do every single thing I want, so I’m just trying to have reasonable goals and set my priorities accordingly.

6 Likes

I listened to a podcast and heard about Trader Sams. They also have alcohol free drinks for non drinking people. I want to go there. They say to get there around 3 and get a pager. Sounds like a fun place. They say the drinks are pricy but you get a glass to keep.

3 Likes

@theredhead - Leave some Disney for me! I’m going later in October, so they’d better be stocked back up after you tear it up there! :slight_smile: Have lots of fun!!!

3 Likes

The whole time I was reading your plans I was thinking, “this is perfect!”. If you do go to POP before Jiko, will you Uber to AKL? Have you visited AKL before? Leave some time to look around!

3 Likes

Yup, I’ll Uber if I go back to Pop. I’ve visited AKL twice before, it’s one of my favorite places on property, and the most realistic of my dream resorts (BC and GF just seem unattainable, AKL I might manage one day). I’ll probably get there early to wander and have a drink at Victoria Falls.

@disneybroadwayfan, I promise to remind them to restock the pixie dust prior to your arrival!

@gabmom, Trader Sam’s is a maybe for me. The idea appeals, especially because they have some interesting NA drinks. The timing, however, could be an issue. I’ve no idea where I would squeeze it in!

4 Likes

Looks great! I wish you a wonderful time.

2 Likes

Looks great. Now i have your guide so i can stalk you for a meet at disney. Will try for the dole whip meet but i have no clue how that will work with my arrival.

@mdcorbitt. @Sally_Carrera. I know what you guys mean

5 Likes

I heard less wait time when they open at 4 pm.

3 Likes

Sounds great! The Destinations tour looks like a lot of fun. I love Epcot! I like that your plan is jam packed and flexible too. We have an 8am ADR at BoG on 9/29 too. Not sure yet if we’ll keep it. I made one on 9/27, our other early MK day too. Not sure everyone will want to do it twice, but trying to be flexible :wink: I 'm a little concerned about the timing too. So excited to see everyone’s pictures. I know I can’t do everything, but I’ll get to see it all through you all!

2 Likes

You should definitely come to the Dole Whip meet I’m coordinating on the 29th!

Everything looks fabulous. I want to do your trip. Being flexible is the way to think. I am excited to hear your reviews on the Wild Africa trek and the Destinations tour. Also, I have never eaten at Jiko.

I am curious about the early bus/uber decisions. I have a pre RD BOG. I have never used Uber and may for the return trip to POFQ after our Boma dinner.

1 Like

@theredhead, are you traveling with a group or solo?

Solo!

@shanneepantslovesdisney, I’ll let you know how Uber works out for me. I’ve heard great things, so I’m hoping it will be a success.

1 Like