9:00am LL for Jungle Cruise, will it book? Genie booking process

I have been practicing using the Disney App for Genie selection just to make sure it goes smoothly on my upcoming trip. I noticed that if I refresh at exactly 7, I can get a 9:00am slot to appear for all the rides. I have never actually booked a genie selection. If it shows 9:00 for Jungle Cruise, and I click it (it says I don’t have eligible people). But, what I am wondering is, when I do have eligible people, is that slot held while I click through the names and finalize the selection? Or is it possible that by the time I click the names it will disappear? Having never booked, I wasn’t sure if it was going to give me an error the day of, and I want to plan and be prepared.

I think it automatically selects the eligible people. But the time can and often does change anyway.

2 Likes

So even if I scroll right to it and click, and it auto selects, it will still update the time?

Not necessarily - someone has to get that 9am slot - but possible. And it’s more likely with JC I’d say because it goes quickly.

1 Like

Nope! It’s truly a first come, first served system. That’s why people complain so much that they see a great return time and by the time they get to the confirmation it’s gone. You have, literally, tens of thousands of people all vying for the same passes at the exact same time. It’s nuts!!

3 Likes

Ugh. How am I supposed to plan if I don’t know what to expect for a real return time! Lol.

5 Likes

For what it’s worth last week I clicked on a 9am Jungle Cruise and got a 9:05. It goes quickly but not, like, Slinky Dog/Rise of the Resistance quickly. But set up your party in “My Day” before 7am - pick your parks, the people with you, and then select “Jungle Cruise” as experiences you’re interested in, so it will be right at the top, then all you have to do is click the ride and confirm (and FYI, that’s the last page - I was surprised and thought there might be more after that).

5 Likes

That is super helpful, I didn’t realize I could get it to come to the top! Can I ask, I am going with a a friend and her family. If we link eachother through the genie app, can I make a lightning lane selections for her family, and she can make them for mine? I asked a cast member in the genie app, and they said yes, but if we plan for that and then I can’t it will mess everything up, so hoping to confirm with real world experience.

Yes - when you go into My Day you have the option to “Set up my Genie Day”. That lets you pick the date, the park you’ll be at, and the people who will be with you that day, so when you go to book something those people are all automatically selected.

3 Likes

Oh good! I was worried it wouldn’t let me book for her, and vice versa. I wish they would let us practice in these systems ahead of time, haha

But I believe that the key is to only select one attraction

Not the full 8 or whatever the app lets you choose

2 Likes

Good point, but I might do two, jungle and my back up (if jungle gives me a terrible time, lol)

2 Likes

You can also click on the ride at say 6:59:00 am, then at 6:59:59 am click on the LL button. That refreshes the screen with that ride at top. Then you can click Book Experience, etc.
Don’t do like I did and get ‘smart’ and try at 6:59:58.

1 Like