7DMT Contingency Plans

I’ve currently got 7DMT FPs for 4 of our 6 travelers for a really bad time (late afternoon - when we’re actually planning to be in the park). Obviously I’ll continue refreshing the app and trying to get earlier FPs.

1. Am I actually better off holding the FP for the ride I want, even if the time isn’t great? Or does it make sense to try for something else at a better (earlier) time?

2. DD9 and I currently do not have FPs for 7DMT but DH does. If she decides she’d rather ride 7DMT with my mom and other two kids, can she tap in using DH’s Magic Band? (She’s already said she’d prefer to ride HM, but may change her mind).

1 Like

#1 - Keep the FPP for 7DMT. You may be able to modify it, but once it’s gone they are so hard to get back

#2 - Just have her wear his MB. No one will notice

5 Likes

Ditto to the above if 7D is a priority. You might also look at riding it at open and close. MK is by far the best for grabbing same day fastpasses. So if that’s your goal, start looking for that modification. 30 Days people change plans and drop stuff. Also, check the night before. People often change the next day’s plans and drop passes.

1 Like

Thanks. We already had to switch our MK days so I’m rebuilding with less ideal times. 30 days is tomorrow, so I’m glad I was at least able to get it for the group that hasn’t ridden it before!

Or even care!

1 Like
  1. I would definitely keep what you have for now if 7D is a priority. You may be able to modify but if you let it go there’s no guarantee of getting anything.
  2. Yes she can.

But have you considered using rider switch to your advantage? Whoever rides second gets to bring some people with them I think… In effect by using rider switch you all have FPP already

1 Like

I was wondering about that and I’m trying to figure out how we could make it work since all three kids are riding and above the height restriction. Like I could see Grandma and DH riding with the DD2 and DD3, and then me riding with DD9 and DD7 and DD5 again, but we haven’t actually “swapped” anybody (unless I count my stepdad who isn’t going to be riding it at all).

ETA - changing kids ages in my post as they are 9, 5, and 7.

Even if it has a big sticker with a “here’s to beers and mickey ears” on it? :rofl:

1 Like

I’m a former theme park employee - not Disney. I promise the teens / young people at the FP tapstiles are only watching to see if the light turns green. They’ve got to monitor 1,000s of people each day and so many try to sneak past. That’s the only ppl they care about.

Rider Switch may be a great option for you -

Here’s how Rider Switch works -

To Use Rider Switch:

1. First check with a Cast member to see if Rider Switch is offered at the attraction in question.
  2. Once at the attraction, approach the greeting Cast Member with your entire party. At least one adult member of your party and the Guests who are not riding will be issued a Ride Switch entitlement by the Cast Member and asked to wait in a designated area ***(usually outside of the attraction)***. This group is “Party 2.”
  3. The other party members (“Party 1”) ride the attraction.
  4. After riding the attraction, Party 1 locates Party 2. Then, Party 1 takes over supervision of the non-riding children or Guests.
  5. Party 2 enters and boards the attraction without having to wait in the regular queue a second time. The Rider Switch entitlement must be validated by a Cast Member at this time.

If the person in Party 2 waited alone with the child, he or she may bring up to 2 other Guests back to ride the attraction with him or her. Please note that only 3 Guests are allowed per Rider Switch Pass.

1 Like

You’re DD1 is 38"? Or are you just saying your first daughter?

They’re all 41 and above.

Ok, then I don’t think you’ll be able to use Rider Swap. I thought you were saying you had a DD that was 1 year old.

2 Likes

Oh, my mistake - I should have said DD9, DD7, and DD5.

Lol, but yes!! It’s perfectly acceptable to swap bands for FPPs. As long as everyone is tapped into the park it’s not a problem.

1 Like

Another option is to ride during the fireworks if you’re not interested in seeing them. We were there last week (and oh my, was it busy!). On Friday night, we got into line at around 7:50pm and got on the ride in time to see some of the fireworks while we were on it. They posted a 60 minute wait but it was only 21 minutes total.

That’s the plan for our second night as we have a dessert party on our full MK day! When I was there in April I got on BTMR, Splash, 7DMT and Space x3 between the start of fireworks and park close.

1 Like

Why is it easier to modify her afternoon 7 Dwarf FP to the morning then just dumping it and then trying for one?

Jenn

Not a hard and fast rule, but in general people seem to find it easier to modify an existing FPP than to find a brand new one.