7 month booking

I’m new to this, considering purchasing a DVC contract at Poly or Grand Flo soon. How does it work when you go to book somewhere else at the 7 month mark? Do you have to book each day, one at a time? Or can you book your trip, starting on the first day, 7 months out? For example, let’s say we want to stay Dec 30-Jan 6. Can we book the whole trip at another resort starting on May 30? Or on May 30, can we only change the night of Dec 30. And then on May 31, we can book Dec 31? And so on? I know 7 month availability is never great, and I am sure really bad over the holidays. But just trying to anticipate how that would work. Especially this first year when if we buy soon, we have missed the 11 month window but will perhaps hit the 7 month window right after we buy.

You can book the whole trip at one time.

2 Likes

Thank you!

For a stay like the one you are thinking about - over New Year’s it might be worth spliting your home resort stay into two reservations before the 11 month mark.

It gives you more flexibility for both modifying a stay from one resort to another at the 7 month mark if there is limited availability and also for waitlists during busy times. If you are okay with a split stay.

Up to 7 nights, just like at the 11 month mark.

1 Like

I thought you can book up to 14 days?
Is this different at the 7 months mark?

You can only book 7 nights right at the 11 & 7 month window. You can add on extra nights one at a time over subsequent days.

1 Like

Correct

I didn’t specify because OP’s proposed trip is 7 nights

3 Likes

So, let’s say I want to book December 10 for 9 nights. I would be able to book Dec 10 to 17 today.

Would I wait until May 17 to add one more night and May 18 to add the final, 9th night?

1 Like

No you can add one day at a time, 7 months + 7 days. So you could add a day tomorrow and the day after.

2 Likes

No, you could add the 8th night tomorrow and the 9th night on Friday.

2 Likes

Ok. Thanks.
I am also new to DVC and as soon as I think I understand it well, some new nuances come up. :rofl:

1 Like

Some of these policies are easier to grasp once you go through the process yourself. :blush: The theory is quite confusing.

3 Likes

This was my exact thought when I was trying to describe the upside of breaking up your home resort stay…

2 Likes