7:45 Cali Grill on Boo Bash night

Is this a decent ADR time if I want to watch HEA from the viewing deck?
Edit: this is for mid September.

1 Like

You might order dessert, view, finish dessert but it should work.

2 Likes

I can modify it to 7:10 or 7:30.

I don’t know the rules for California Grill Post- Covid but prior to Covid, you were allowed onto the viewing deck for fireworks with any ADR regardless of the time.

You could have a 5:00 PM ADR, finish your dinner, leave and come back two hours later and return to watch fireworks on the deck. Just had to show your receipt from dinner at the elevator.

2 Likes

Generally I give myself at least 90 minutes at CG

This.

But to answer, I think 7:45 is fine. You’ll still be up there and I agree with @PrincipalTinker that after the show you’ll celebrate with dessert! How perfect!

They do a magnificent job of timing your meal around the show. They have been doing it for decades and have it down to a science. You won’t be disappointed.

1 Like

I actually modified it to 7:30 and I’ll leave it alone and let the servers handle it from there. :heart:
I was originally trying for CRT, but after reading your experience I changed my mind! I’m trying to do restaurants I can’t go to with the fam, and this is definitely one!

4 Likes

I am so excited for you!

1 Like

I think I’m going to try for a Cali grill res on my last night. Close AK down and then go to CG and watch the fireworks. I’ve never watched the show from there. I’m guessing they pump the music in?

That is our plan for the first full day of our trip. It will also ve the first night for the new Enchantment fireworks (10/1).

2 Likes

They do! Inside as well as out on the concourse.

And they are so good with timing your meal to accommodate viewing the show. It is perfection!

2 Likes

If your meal is at, say, 9pm, do they let you leave to the concourse to watch and then come back for your entree? Is that what you mean?

1 Like

Yes. That’s exactly how it works. :slight_smile::slight_smile:

2 Likes

From 2019 Columbus Day Week … If you have an ADR close to the showtime, or you had and earlier ADR, do NOT get in line to use the elevator. The line will be full of people wanting to go up to the bar and watch the show. Instead go to the elevator doors and show the CM your ADR and you will get a priority ride up to CG.

3 Likes

I did a test run this morning for my ADRs. Good thing too because my old card was linked with my account so now that is all up to date for fast check out. Citricos was available but nothing was available for CG & Ohana. Hopefully I can make it happen this trip. The last 3 trips I tried for Ohana dinner and still haven’t gotten it. Even when I was 180+ out and using reservation finder!

2 Likes