6 days till trip, should I modify all my FP+ as per OBNurseNH's system?

I am 6 days away (hooray), but I did NOT know about OBNurseNH’s cool FP+ booking concept at the time I did all my FPs.

But now after reading the forums for a few months and learning A LOT, I think I should move all my times to the AM.

I only hesitate because:

• Ava and I plan to RD as many days as a 6year old first timer can handle
  • Mom wants to sleep in and meet us later (“its a vacation after all!!!”)
  • Mom is still not a TP convert, and is still clinging to “Free Range Touring” (BWAHAHAHAHA!!!)

So, I guess I am asking, do you think there is any HARM to moving everything to the AM? I mean, if the system works, then I will still be able to get FP for later in the day for when Mom has joined us, right?

Also, anything else to remind me of, before we go? I followed the checklist on my dashboard, so all that stuff is covered.

THANKS!!!

2 Likes

The only problem I can see with moving everything to the morning is if there are any popular rides that Mom will definitely want to ride later in the day. While you can get extra day of fastpasses, especially at MK, you can’t always get the headliners. This is especially true for the parks with tiers. You should be able to find afternoon fastpasses on the day of but not necessarily for every ride you want.

3 Likes

When are your fast passes now? I rarely have morning fast passes. If I rope drop I take advantage of the stand by lines that often can be shorter than the fast pass line (no stopping and scanning). You need to find the schedule that works best for you.

1 Like

Chances are that if you RD and follow the TP, you’ll have a very good chunk of any park done by the time your Ma joins you so let her have her free range chickens if it keeps the peace.

However I would definitely not change your FPP around. There’s a saying here in Mexico that paraphrased says: a FPP booked is worth a hundred “maybe I’ll get that FPP later”. Always assume you get 3FPP and three alone, use them on what makes you happy not on what someone suggests is the best use for them and enjoy! If you get a 4th FPP it’s rum on the dole whip… if not, you’ll still be happy!

3 Likes

Just remember it works best at MK. But if I could, I would

1 Like

In my view, do what @OBNurseNH says. She’s the queen.

But I would still make your first FPP so that you can take advantage of the first hour of RD time depending on the park.

1 Like

When are your FPP now? We always start ours about 1 hour after RD and scan in at the end of the hour on the first one so they are then done around 12-1 depending and then start getting more at MK for the other rides that we haven’t done yet or want to do twice, Can you move them to late morning/lunch time when Mom will meet you so she has 3 for sure?

3 Likes

I knew I liked you @ryan1

:princess:t2:

1 Like

Exactly this.

1 Like

:joy::rofl::sweat_smile::laughing:

1 Like

Ok, Im going to see what I can modify.

Day 1 we don;t get to MK until noon at best (arrival day), so they one may be what it is.

But I think having everything in the AM takes care of:

• being able to get more FP later in the day when Mom is with us
  • flows better with Mom’s “Free range” attitude

I"M GONNA DO IT!!!

Just for science’s sake, Ill let you know how successful I was modifying times. In case that’s helpful to people.

Thanks all!!!

2 Likes

Ok, here is what I was able to modify to, lmk what you think:

Friday, August 10, 2018
Peter Pan’s Flight
Arrive between: 1:25 PM - 2:25 PM

Splash Mountain
Arrive between: 2:35 PM - 3:35 PM

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Arrive between: 6:05 PM - 7:05 PM

Saturday, August 11, 2018
Na’vi River Journey
Arrive between: 10:55 AM - 11:55 AM

Kali River Rapids
Arrive between: 1:10 PM - 2:10 PM

Kilimanjaro Safaris
Arrive between: 2:25 PM - 3:25 PM

Sunday, August 12, 2018
Test Track
Arrive between: 10:20 AM - 11:20 AM

Spaceship Earth at night, next to Leave a Legacy Plaza and a monorail train at Epcot
Spaceship Earth
Arrive between: 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM

The Seas with Nemo & Friends
Arrive between: 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM

Monday, August 13, 2018
Arrive between: 9:15 AM - 10:15 AM

Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain
Arrive between: 12:20 PM - 1:20 PM

Primeval Whirl
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
Arrive between: 1:20 PM - 2:20 PM

Tuesday, August 14, 2018