5th sleeper hotels

Thanks everyone, some great reviews and ideas, I love this forum!
I am looking at moderate or top end of value resorts tho as Yacht Club is about £2k more next year!
At the moment I’m torn between POR, Caribbean and AoA - my eldest caught me looking at AoA and loved it!
I like the idea of the skyliner to get to Epcot and HS so we haven’t got to use buses all the time so I guess that means AoA or Caribbean. Haven’t been able to find availability on Virgin with 5th sleeper room yet tho.

1 Like

wow. That sucks.
I didn’t have anything booked at this point but planning for next year DD5 was hoping for bunk beds wherever we landed!

OK first I learn they’re ditching bunk beds and now: Mousekeeping is no longer doing little cute things while you’re out.
Glad I never reminisced about this in front of DD5.
But you guys are breaking my heart this morning.

The only place I’ve found with bunk beds is Fort Wilderness Cabins. Looks nice but I was hoping to have more transport options than just buses to the parks.

We’re paying so much money, I can’t believe we’re having to compromise on things. :roll_eyes:
We’re opting for the dining plan as my boys eat like a horse (!), and getting the 14 day park hopper tickets.
Yacht Club this August would have cost £12k but it was a once in a lifetime treat and we were looking forward to being walking distance from two parks, having the amazing pools and gym and an extra bed for my youngest.
Now it looks like we’ll be paying nearly the same but will be staying in a hotel without the option of an extra bed (it’s not showing on the Virgin site) and with mixed reviews on the bus service. All this and Virgin might go under yet!!
I love Disney but the planning and searching isn’t as enjoyable now. :grimacing:

1 Like

AoA family suites are expensive compared to regular value rooms, but they are great for your size family. 2 bathrooms, separate bedroom for parents and each kid gets their own bed.

The skyliner should make them a good option for ease of transportation also.

1 Like

I LOVE Port Orleans Riverside (POR and FQ are favs), but depending on where your room is it can be a hike to trans and food court. We’ve stayed at all your listed places and found the cabin lovely but transportation was SO bad, long waits. Maybe they’ve improved it since we stayed there though. When we stayed in the cabins we ended up driving to all the parks in our POV instead if using DW transp. We have stayed at Coronado many times too with a room by a quiet pool and LOVED it! Nothings too far away or you can use internal bus to main building. The rooms are bigger, I can’t remember if they offer cots (DW cots are super nice). Because it’s a convention center they often have better rates on rooms.

Last 2 trips we really appreciated the bus arrival times being on our phones. First thing we’d do after unpacking is time our walk to the bus station. Then when our departure time for a park was drawing near we’d detail a kid to keep an eye on the bus arrival times until a likely one was within our walking window.

I hope that’s one thing they’ll keep. :smile:

2 Likes

Great idea @janamelia. :+1:

1 Like

Oh that is sad. Do we know how come?

You know Disney, they never officially say. But most people think it’s because of a combo of liability from kids getting hurt falling out of the top bunks, and the extra time it takes housekeeping to make them up every day.

2 Likes