50th Trip To Disney!

Happy Anniversary!!

2 Likes

Happy Anniversary! Have a great trip!

2 Likes

Anniversary lunch at Be Our Guest. First time for us. Atmosphere is cool, but in the “west wing” where we were seated it was a perpetual thunderstorm. Felt like Rainforest Cafe. Dh had chef’s special slow roasted steak frites, I had grilled fillet mignon on top of a smashed potato and smothered in a gravy like sauce. It didn’t photograph well, but that was the most tender meat I’ve ever eaten. No fat or gristle, no chewy bits…a baby could have gummed it lol. And yes, it tasted awesome.

The potato and leek appetizer soup was too leek heavy, and the baguette came in a Wal-Mart bread wrapper and tasted like it, too. The dessert trio was a yummy macaroon, a grey stuff covered something and a cherry cordial tasting chocolate ball. Can you tell we don’t eat fancy very much?

The Beast walks by but he’s very quick and the room was dark so my pics are blurry.

Would I eat here again? Yeah, it was cool, and I love my souvenir cup!

16 Likes

:open_mouth: not cool BOG, not cool

4 Likes

How fun. I haven’t eaten there since 2016, but remember my pork dish being so good.

4 Likes

Such a beautiful day spent at the Flower and Garden festival. Blue skies, sun, cool breeze, just awesome. We walked all around the WS and whatever they call the other part of Epcot now, doing the Spike hunt and enjoying the beauty.

Fish and chips for lunch!

16 Likes

Y’all. I love this popcorn bucket so much! I don’t ever want to put it down!

13 Likes

From the look of it I’m not sure it’s possible to. :joy:

6 Likes

Happy Anniversary!

2 Likes

Happy 36th anniversary, @jab300 ! Looks like you snagged the quietest spot on the property. Perfect for a romantic getaway!

6 Likes

Third day was Hollywood Studios (where I got that awesome bucket.). We rope dropped Rise of Resistance.

Here’s a helpful hint. When you round the corner in Star Wars Land and see a bunch of cast members lined up, the ride is down. That was actually the theme of this trip…rope drop fails. First day 7 dwarfs was down at rd, second day was Remy which waited until we were in line to break down, and now this. We walked back and did Mickey Minnie railroad and Frozen Ever After.

When we walked back around the bend Rise was listed as 60 minutes so we jumped in. It was not a hot day and the line moved consistently.

We stopped at the Pizza place and enjoyed a nice slice in a cool, quiet, mostly restaurant.

Toy Story Land for delicious Mystic Portal Punch and to lose to dh on TSM.

We did Muppets and got some photo pass pics and I think we may have called it a day.

Next up, our last day, with a big surprise!

12 Likes

I was wondering where your trip report was; somehow I missed it! Glad I could catch up before it’s over. Happy anniversary!!

3 Likes

Our final day, with a park res at AK. As dh and I are headed back to KS he suggests we try 4p1d. Uh, okay. Why not? I did remind him that a storm was on its way but he thought we could beat it. So we got our first pic to commemorate the day.

Our safari was one of the first ones of the day, but was pretty uneventful. We had a great driver, though.

We saw Tough to be a Bug and when we came out the Feathered Friends or whatever it’s called was happening, so that was good timing.

We were going to head to HS next and asked a CM if a bus would get us there and they said yes. Then another CM pulled us aside and said the busses to other parks don’t start running until 10 and it was only 9:30 so he suggested we take a bus to AKL and go from there. That worked well, but while waiting at the AKL bus stop we actually thought about our plan for this 4p1d business and figured it would be more wise to get a bus to MK then monorail to Epcot and skyline to HS. That way we could skyline back to Pop when we were finished. I will admit, my dh is very good at planning on the fly lol.

We saw Monster’s Inc Laugh Floor, rode Peoplemover and had lunch at Cosmic Ray’s.

Monorail to Epcot! It’s always such a fun ride, and really cool when the Flower and Garden festival is going on, there are some beautiful sites to see from up high.

Yes, those ominous clouds were trying to warn us that things were about to get dicey lol. We encountered the wind tunnel under Spaceship Earth, but made it through to the ride.

The ride stopped at least 6 times and I joked with dh about what the record was for number of stops. And then it stopped for good.

Believe it or not, this is the second time we have had to evacuate Spaceship Earth lol. This time was a lot rougher as we were near the top, just after seeing the Earth and on the way back down. We sat with the cart leaning back for a while as CMs made their way huffing and puffing up the stairs to get us out. It is so difficult to get out of the vehicles while laying back that it took a long time to get everyone just out of the things. Then there was the hike down so.many.stairs. When we finally exited, the storm had arrived and it was pouring rain and lightening like crazy. We made it to the closed skyliner but luckily boarded a boat to HS.

Ha! Fooled ‘ya. The boat made it to Yacht Club resort and was grounded due to the storm. The captain said there would be busses at YC to take us from there. YC was great, they had towels ready for us and were very accommodating. Our group that was on the boat waited an hour on that dang bus, but it never came. It finally cleared and we walked back to the boat and the captain said he was still grounded and we said a bus never came so we waited with him in the boat. We got the all clear and he took us to HS…since we were the only ones onboard he called it a chartered personal boat.

By now we are wet and exhausted. We made it in to HS and searched for a photo pass to take our last pic. We didn’t find one until Star Wars land. We had some dinner at ABC Commissary and booked it to the skyliner to get to Pop before anything else happened lol.

Even with the no planning beforehand, the storm, the ride breakdowns and transportation problems, we completed our 4p1d and were happy with the way our trip ended.

16 Likes

I love that you’re still smiling after all that excitement of evacuation and weather and boat groundings and all!

4 Likes

You couldn’t have planned it better!

Lots of great shots of the two of you here!

I especially love this one.

7 Likes

Beast seriously needs to slow down. Or better yet, go back to the meet & greet like before the Great Unpleasantness

6 Likes