50th Anniversary Preview Tomorrow Morning

Disney Parks Blog teased some upcoming info about WDW 50th anniversary this evening on Instagram. It sounds like more details will be revealed on Good Morning America tomorrow.
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CLdFrW3jZB0/?igshid=12x5z9tfrs26d

7 Likes

Thanks for posting!

Can’t wait to see! We had planned on skipping this year, but now we’re booked the week before the 30th.

2 Likes

I love the color scheme for the 50th anniversary! And 18 months of celebrating sounds like an awesome idea so that everyone can get a chance to visit!

3 Likes

Mickey and Minnie’s new outfits!

5 Likes

The 50th Anniversary Edition of the Castle

5 Likes

Spaceship Earth for the 50th

4 Likes

At first I was feeling really bummed bc I don’t have plans to return to Disney until 2023 after this trip in March. Thought I was going to miss out.
Then I saw it’s an 18 month celebration, so if I plan my 2023 trip early in the year it will still be going!!! :rofl:

2 Likes

Tower of Terror for the 50th

4 Likes

Tree of Life for the 50th

4 Likes

Good Morning America Story with the previously posted pictures

So 18 months starting on October 1, 2021 would mean the final day would be March 31, 2023. Maybe Tron will actually be open in time for part of the celebration.

5 Likes

I love all of it!!! Also happy I’ll see it too!

So what they are saying is…the 50th Anniversary celebration is just a bunch of projections?

I am underwhelmed. I hope there is more to come.

2 Likes

Mickey and Minnie will now be 50ft tall for the 50th anniversary!

(Disclaimer: I recognize that it’s formatting that did not work well with my phone. But it struck me funny so I’m sharing it)

16 Likes

Agree, I like the colors but I hope there is more!

I need fireworks and all of it! I bet holding out until they can really do it all.

1 Like

Agree, but it’s probably just difficult for them to make many projections (pun intended) of what they’re willing and able to do by then pandemic-wise. I’m guessing they’re throwing this carrot out now to reassure that there will be some kind of celebration, but then add more concrete things leading up to Oct.

5 Likes

Well, one thing that I notice is that most of these scenes are at night. So maybe that indicates more night time hours on the way. How else are you going to see it?

1 Like

Good point!
Although in the fall and winter months, at least, the sun is down early. But I like the way you’re thinking!

2 Likes

Probably a gradual roll out similar to the Covid-19 vacccine roll out. Patience.:wink::wink::wink:

1 Like

Touche!