50th Anniversary Merchandise

I thought about posting in the 50th Anniversary Magic Band thread, but I sure there will be other merch to chat about over the next 17 months!

Saw this today and am not holding out much hope it will be available on line before Christmas!

Dh and I bought what I am guessing is one of the original Monorail sets about 20 years ago, and it has been running under our Christmas tree every year since! We also have the Magic Kingdom train that I fully intended to switch the Monorail out with every other year, but it never happened. :upside_down_face:

Our Monorail is well loved, but definitely still works. The box is on its way to a slow painful death though, and we need to figure out another way to store it soon. I am okay with retiring it.

If we can get this before Christmas, bonus. If not, hopefully I can get one in January!

1 Like

Ooh I won a drawing recently and got some 50th merch. I will post a pic later when I have it in front of me.

1 Like

I saw these and thought they would look SO cool on a Christmas tree! And then I saw the price; NOPE! They are the statues.

2 Likes

They would look good on a Christmas tree, though…

2 Likes

Have you seen the Christopher Radko hand-blown glass ornaments… talk about expensive! That being said getting the SSE one is definitely on my Xmas list!

2 Likes

well… now there’s something else to look for :wink: I’d rather something glass than plastic anyway; 50 bucks for plastic…

1 Like

So pretty, but $99 each. Already tons on ebay, mercari, etc so I don’t know if I’ll actually find one or not.

1 Like

My sister gave me a Christopher Radko Mickey ornament years ago. He is very carefully placed on the tree every year … and we tie the tree to the wall so it can’t fall over.

I have another month before we start decorating, but will share a picture of the ornament once he is unpacked.

The park icon ornaments are lovely, but I can’t rationalize $99/ea for them. … of course I also started this thread by saying I need a $125 toy monorail to go under the tree, to replace the one I already have! :crazy_face:

4 Likes

That makes total sense to me! We are putting up our main tree soon and it is all hand blown glass ornaments. Admittedly 95% were purchased through eBay or at consignment stores so no where near their original price. We have 1 Mickey and I’ll post a pic once we unpack him. Hopefully I can use my AP discount on it and make it a little less painfully expensive. SSE is just so pretty and special to me and my family so I think it’s worth it. Definitely not getting all 4 though!

2 Likes

Those are pretty, thanks for sharing the link; I had no idea who that artist was.

I have some glass ornaments from an Auntie, they are very fragile. I don’t put them on the tree anymore b/c the cats have caused a few to be ‘lost’ over the years. I keep them in a glass bowl, on display, instead so I can enjoy them but preserve them at the same time.

2 Likes