50% borrowing rule to go "case by case" at end of June

I see this as good news for guests though. Any time Disney feels the need to do discounts and such, it means they can’t take their guests for granted and will increase their focus on customer service and value. If people come no matter what, they don’t feel the need to deliver.

2 Likes

When I called about 5-6 weeks ago, I had to purchase 19 one time use points because of the 50 percent rule. Glad to hear that at least they will review on a case by case basis soon.

3 Likes

I am wondering how this could interact with being put on a wait list. Would love of I could book with points for late July instead of paying cash. But I am not risking barrowing those points.

Well, I was just able to put in a waitlist request even though I needed to barrow the other 50% of my points to do it…

1 Like

So does this mean we can call now to borrow more for trips that are booked for July onwards? Or do we need to wait until July to call about it?

1 Like

@heathernoel was able to add a waitlist now for a trip after 7/1 so it seems like maybe you can call now so long as the trip is after 7/1?

2 Likes

@Nicky_S I would even just try through the website first. I was afraid to click all the way through on a non-waitlist reservation but it looks like it would let me barrow those points.

2 Likes

But the warning is still there that the reservation may be cancelled.

I think the system has let you borrow more than 50% in the past, but they’ve then been cancelling them. I’d be too worried the whole reservation would get deleted.

Maybe if I booked it separately it would be safer, at least then only the extra nights would be at risk. But to be honest it’s probably a moot point. Our trip is over Christmas, and there are unlikely to be the nights available.

1 Like

Eek, good point. I completely forgot that was happening.

1 Like