50% borrowing rule to go "case by case" at end of June

Just saw on social that while the rule remains in effect through the month of June and is not being lifted completely, guests wishing to borrow more than 50% of their future points can call Member Services and their request will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.

At the very least this means we are getting close to it being lifted completely

3 Likes

Can I ask why this is helpful? I’m guessing, one reason, it could be used for bigger resort rooms or longer stays every other year?

1 Like

Some people buy contracts with let’s say 100 points with the intention of using them every 3 years.

Bank 100 in 2022
Borrow 100 from 2024

Travel with 300 points in 2023

3 Likes

oh thank you for the explanation!

1 Like

I think I would love this :thinking:

1 Like

Wait, so starting in june we can call (and sit on hold for 4 hours)? Or starting in July?

1 Like

whew… I’ve never sat on hold that long w/ DVC help…only the regular WDW call center.

1 Like

The Boo Bash ticket rush was a fun time… :unamused:

1 Like

July.

They are waiting til the hottest part of the summer.

1 Like

damn. There goes my DLR Plan C. Okie dokie, onto Plan F. As in “we are totally…”

1 Like

This means you go DLR sooner??? :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

no, later. Much much later

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve been surprised…each time I’ve called DVC, I’m talking to a person in a matter of minutes.

1 Like

Oh that’s rotten. But I’m confused how having access to more points means a trip gets put off.

I’m not getting access to more points, though. At least not in the right time frame. I needed it to happen in June at the latest.

Now that’s not happening. So, unless they let me have access to all points needed in june (which I doubt) this plan is deadsies.

are you going to try and call to ask for that “case by case” thingy?

This is great news! Starting to get back to normal.

Normal for DVC members…but I can’t help but wonder, in the back of my head, if this is a sign that Disney is struggling now to fill rooms at the rate they had hoped? Perhaps as the revenge travel is dying down (looking at the 7 months out figures for DVC), they are seeing a larger decline, which is precipitating them to remove this 50% rule. Could they be doing this now, rather than waiting a little longer, because they are hoping to see it cause an increase in bookings?

Perhaps I’m being cynical. Hopefully it just means, as you said, things are just getting back to normal.

1 Like

Oh I get it, it’s a timing thing.

That sucks :frowning:

It couldn’t hurt to try, right? The worst they can say is “not yet” and you’re no worse off than you are right now.

They 100% are. We have started seeing discounts again. Discounts don’t happen when you’re selling what you need when you need to

But, I think this has less to do with that than the glut of points created by the pandemic inability to travel is finally beginning to resolve.

3 Likes

Oh this was unexpected! Good news though!

1 Like