5 More Sleeps

We tel our kids how long before something happens in terms of # of sleeps left. As of today, it’s 5.

ADR’s done
FP’s done
Room request and online check in done
Clothes and essential items laid out
Amazon cart full
Personalized TP’s done
TP’s and DFB best of snacks and food printed and in a 3 ring binder
Magical express stuff done
Alarm set for flight check in
Alarms set for same day FP drops

What am I missing?

6 Likes

Hold on your mail / newspaper? Timers on lights while away? Pets / Plants?

1 Like

Us too!!!

5 sleeps for me as well!

1 Like

Pack!!!

Mail put on hold. I would LOVE to pack now. My DW says we pack on Saturday (leave Sunday). I am happily married, so we will pack on Saturday.

6 Likes

Mmm, no, bad call. Pack now.

Iron out the kinks now so you don’t have to worry about anything on the final day. I always find myself needing to do a prelim pack and then a repack later to make sure everything fits (or if I can do without packing something).

3 Likes

I second this

Oh boy… the infamous Randall has spoken. I will speak to my loving wife tonight. She is not your normal procrastinator by any means. She’s a get stuff done, decision-making BA lady. She just works part time and raises our DD5 and DS 2, so time is in short supply.

I’ll see if we can do a packing dry run tonight, at least for our clothes. Packing me and DW in large bag and each kid has their own “carry-on” although we will be checking all bags for ME. We also have a large book bag we plan to carry on the plane (first day’s clothes packed) in case of our luggage being delayed and will pack our park bag / back pack w/ entertainment for the kids.

2 Likes

Therefore, wait until Saturday to do the physical packing. What you can do though is to tweak your Packing LIST. That way when you get to Saturday, you execute with total confidence. Is there anything on the list that still needs to be purchased, borrowed or arranged for?.. those loose ends don’t have to wait until Saturday.

2 Likes

I’m packing Friday/Saturday too. We fly out Sunday afternoon. I don’t think it’s too horrible to wait, but rhen again I leave things until the last minute. It gives me motivation and clarity. Lol it’s just my way.

5 more sleeps for us, too!

My number one priority over here is keeping everyone healthy, since we are all due for some illness to hit and flu is running rampant here.

We have a general packing list but also have two full time jobs and my husband travels, so we will do all the dirty work this weekend. I need to get the list of when the fast passes drop, thanks for the reminder.

Have a great trip!

1 Like

I should add we ordered groceries this last weekend and made sure to pack pop tarts (which our kids never get) so we can throw some at the children to distract them while we try to get boarding groups for RoR. :joy: Also, we’ve practiced this routine a number of times on two different phones. Priorities, right? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

If you’re like me on those last few nights before Disney… actual sleep! (“Aack! We leave tomorrow and unlike the rest of my family, I still haven’t seen Avatar!” Yeah…that was me!)

1 Like

We just got back from our Thanksgiving trip and I still haven’t seen Avatar! LOL. Good thing is you don’t really have to in order to enjoy everything. FoP is the most amazing ride/attraction anywhere.

1 Like

I leave in 7 days and haven’t packed. I’m amazingly chill since it’s just DH and I. I’m also in denial that the rain forecasted for next week will hold up and am therefore procrastinating on packing appropriately. Perhaps I should start…:thinking: :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

This just gave me anxiety, that I am sitting reading this and not packing. :rofl:. I am traveling out of the country for work the full week before our trip, and have less than 24 hours from when I get home to get my family on the plane to FL!

I meant to pack by now… but haven’t. I have 3 more days to do it all! It will be fine… as my dad always used to say, just don’t forget the credit card.

1 Like

Lol! My DH is always woefully unimpressed with my attempts to pull him into my packing for a trip stress. He’s always quick to point out that anywhere we go will have a Target/Walmart/etc if we forget something. It helps that he only packs for himself while I pack for me and 4 kids. :laughing:

2 Likes

@DeepInTheHeartofTexas

My wife says the same thing you do about packing for her and kids while I get to just pack for myself. No matter how I look at that, she’s right and wins. Therefore, I’ve started to pack on my schedule and let her decide what’s best.

We did have a neighbor offer to host a play date for our kids to give us a few hours to pack without kids around. Part of me is glad my DW gets to pack without kids around. Part of me is worried the kids will pick up last minute germs and get sick.

I have another neighbor who goes to WDW often and kept his kids out of school the week before their trip last fall. Oldest is only 4 but he said, I’m staying at the GF, my kids will not be sick. To each their own.

Aren’t you going to be down there soon?

1 Like

My DH has a similar outlook. Lol. And honestly, I prefer to pack most of our stuff. Otherwise, I’d be hounding and micromanaging DH to make sure he got everything right whereas he doesn’t pester me at all. He trusts I’ll pack more than enough for everyone. It works out well for us. I used to try to pack for him too but he prefers to do that. After almost 12 years being married we’re finally figuring out a system that works - even if it takes me 2 weeks and him 20 minutes!! :laughing:

And we are!!! Just DH and I. First adults only trip. I am so pumped!!! We’re taking the last flight out of DFW Wednesday night! DH finally asked me what our plans were last night and I tried to explain to him FP Tiers and BGs at HS and how much of a mess it is and his eyes started to get real wide and he told me how glad he was that I knew what was going on!