5 kids, 2 adults

Another option would be to bring along a high school or college helper (or grandparent). Do you have an older niece or nephew?

IME, rider swaps suck up valuable park time. Bringing one extra person might be worth the cost. It would stink to spend all of that for a trip and then feel hamstrung from enjoying it.

3 Likes

I like your plan. I would not want to tell my kids to lie either. I hope it goes so smoothly, that at the end of your trip, you are like, “why did I even worry?”
RS does take a lot of time, and was so much easier, when you just waited there at the load station. So I hope you don’t have to do too much of it.

2 Likes

I wish there was a way to set up an automatic, “follow this person” kind of thing on here. I really want to see how it all turns out. We have always taken a Grandparent with us, so I can’t really say.

1 Like

I did a few more internet searches and it seems like it may just depend on the CM loading. It may be okay to be in the same vehicle/car as my kids if not in the same row.

We’d originally planned to travel with my SIL family but now they are going to Ireland instead. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I think you will be ok on most rides, except Barnstormer and they should give you a double ride swap. We just went in May with 4 kids BUT I am pregnant so could not ride the big ones. We have ages 9,7,5,3 which meant DH had to take 2 kids under 7. He had no issues on SDD (3times) or 7DMT as there are actually 4 to a car so CM’s just had a little one sit in front of DH with DS9 and DS7 rode alone but was fine with that.

3 Likes

Thank you! This is exactly what I’m hoping for. I think “riding alone” can mean different things to different people, which is where I worry we could get hung up with a CM, but I’m really happy to have a recent positive report.

1 Like