4th FastPass+ w/ park hopper questions

I have a couple of questions regarding the 4th FastPass+ when using a park hopper. Am I able to make reservations for a different park once I use up my first 3? Do I have to actually have been admitted to the 2nd park to make reservations? Does my whole party have to be in the park at the time I make reservations? What about FastPass tiers, how are they affected by the 4th FP?

Let’s breakdown each questions:

Am I able to make reservations for a different park once I use up my first 3? YES! As soon as you tap in, you can pull up MDE on your phone and begin booking your 4th fast pass either at your current park or a different park.

Do I have to actually have been admitted to the 2nd park to make reservations? Nope!

Does my whole party have to be in the park at the time I make reservations? Nope!

What about FastPass tiers, how are they affected by the 4th FP? Since you are only able to book one fast pass at a time after your first three, the tiers are no longer in effect. You can book a tier one for your 4th fast pass, tap in to ride the ride and then book a tier one for your 5th fast pass. Easy peasy!

1 Like

Thanks @Gnatjo, this is very helpful. Last time I was in WDW they were still using the paper FP system so this will be extremely helpful for our upcoming trip!

I also heard about something where you could search for a FastPass for one person and then add others in your party - is that still valid and does it really work?

We did not have much success adding people to existing fast passes. What worked great for us was reducing our party size and finding overlapping fast passes. So my husband and daughter would have a fast pass for splash mountain from 3:10 - 4:10 and my boys and I would have one from 3:30 - 4:30. Then we would just go on the ride at a time that overlapped. Sometimes we would have three or four overlapping times.

Keep in mind that it is always easier to modify an existing reservation than find a new one…at least in my experience. So if I wanted to meet Mickey and the only time I could get was 10:00pm, I went ahead and grabbed it and then constantly tried to modify it to an earlier time. I would say we were successful with this 80% of the time.

1 Like

I just want to add you can make the 4th FP in another park the moment you scan your 3rd. You do not need to be in the next park.

1 Like